JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Danny Thanks so much for taking the time and writing all that, spot on critique. Scale, tightness, accuracy is all things I need to work on (I am working on them!). I don't agree that I shouldn't draw objects yet, drawing those things presents different challenges than cubes and stuff, need to do them both to get better. Like you can place ellipses on a minor axis and inside squares all day but drawing a wheel base for a car in context has other pressures and stuff associated with it, so practising wheel bases over and over is more appropriate for that (in addition to the ellipses on their own). Plus you lose motivation and get pretty bored just doing cubes and ellipses etc all day. I hear you though, and am putting in more cubes to my daily exercises. That cone of vision stuff... I get how it works, and how to draw it if I have both vanishing points on the page and can see or estimate the station point, but when it's a closer view and VP's and / or HL are way off the page I don't really get how to use it for my drawings. Do I need to worry about it then? Since probably I am well within the cone of vision already... I dunno... any further insight would be awesome! Thanks again dude!

Some anatomy stuff; going back over a lot of anatomy to get my figures looking better, realised I needed to go back further and figure out a good simplified skeleton. Proko's one looks nice so am learning that one (PS if anyone reads this who bought his anatomy course with the Robo Skelly, any chance to make a few screenshots for me? - thanks)

[Image: liJRbDk.jpg]

And today's heads:

[Image: jMqrJ0B.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 03-06-2015, 05:36 AM