JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Firefox Sorry mate, I forgot to thank you for your comment before! I think I got proportions a bit better today but I'll try some tracing too.

Rork Thanks Rork, I'll give that technique a try for sure. Do you aim to keep proportion and stuff when you do that just in a line by line way (like upside down drawing or bargue drawing or something) or do you mean just go total freeform and pick up lines as you go round? (kinda like a blind drawing but while looking...?) Sounds cool though, I wanna try!

Stuff from today; trying to work out a good working method for photoshop to get lines / value lay down I'm happy with, kinda like the way these heads worked out, used a pencil texture brush for loose sketch, then hard round for some lines then chalk brush to add value. I'll try this approach for a while.

[Image: TJ4TTJ8.jpg]

[Image: yH8dWR9.jpg]

[Image: mTum9ew.jpg]

The soft edges to the shadows look pretty bad, trying to figure out a nice way to soften them - might be better to paint the whole shadow with a soft brush and use smaller size for the hard edge parts. The ones above I started with hard shadow with lasso tool and tried to pull back the edges with soft brush - looks too messy.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 03-16-2015, 07:20 AM