JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Monsterism Thank you so much! I'm glad it's inspiring. Still a long long way to go though... About study time, from November or so I got up to around 6 hours per day, sometimes more. The last week I've managed to up that again to around 8 - 10 hours a day. I got no work now so trying to make the absolute most of it. I built up to those hours slowly though, before November I was at around 2 - 3 hours a day (when I was working).

Totally ripped off Patrick for these, it's really fun!

[Image: aq0bd2s.jpg]

[Image: wJ7tavD.jpg]

And my illustration challenge... totally bit off more than I could chew with this one. When it gets to that point and I suddenly realise I don't even understand what I'm doing, it's time to stop and re-evaluate. The problem I made for myself was painting on top of my thumbnail after I'd done the lines. I had half done lines, half done values and half done colours all at the same time and it was confusing what to do with it all... I got into it, realised it was too hard, switched to a value painting which I didn't complete, then tried to switch back to colour, doing most of it on one layer... it was a real messy approach. Next week I'll try to be more straightforward and methodical.

[Image: 4141gvq.jpg]

Lines:

[Image: Eft27UO.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 03-23-2015, 02:29 PM