JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Lale That's ironic cause I changed up my style after seeing those nice clean lines on one of your recent gesture / figure drawings. Trying to get things in one nice line instead of my usual way where I'm constantly searching and restating lines while I'm thinking what to put next. Ends up too messy my drawings, I like this approach, it's good practice for me. Thanks for the great comment! We can level up together ^^

foxfire Thanks, yes I feel like I can sort of see what needs to be done on that picture, but idk don't quite have the skill / experience to finish it. Might go back to it some time in the future, for now I will try something simpler with less small little pieces to think about.

Tygerson Hey! welcome back sister! Wondered if you were still around. Thanks for the comment. As to the lines, I've done few things to make it easier to get nice lines:

1) Use the Lazy Nezumi plugin set to 'subtle smooth' (it's an awesome plugin, pretty cheap)

2) Remapped my tablet to use its actual physical size on my screen - basically so if I draw 14 cm on a ruler on my tablet, the line on my screen is also 14cm. It makes it feel like you are drawing more with a pencil, before I felt like I was drawing with a five foot stick, as a tiny movement on the tablet made the cursor race across my screen. You end up having to use a smaller section of your screen but I think the trade is worth it - if you wanna try it I'll post some screenshots of how to set that up

3) found a nice brush that I find fun to draw with (am using some pencil texture brushes Patrick linked on his sketchbook a little while ago) - really helps to like the lines you make, instead of just thinking of them as an undersketch that will be covered up.

4) Changed the colour mode settings (Edit > colour settings > Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma checkbox ON). It's for colors but does something with the light and dark and how dark / how much of the blurry edges of the line shows up, so when you're drawing the lines just come out different - hard to explain, better to play with it and see. Hope that helps!

Cornelliussen Thanks so much, I'm trying hard! Still a lot to do

As for my progress, I injured my hand (overdoing it with digital pen) so haven't been drawing really since the last update. Should be back at it soon enough. In the meantime some little sketches I did testing if my hand was better. A Pedro Perez study then I tried to re-pose the same character. Kinda fun.

[Image: EeE0SLz.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 04-02-2015, 05:33 AM