JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Yes it's (another) problem of mine, getting dark tones in there. I use a 6B and even an 8B sometimes but when I press down hard I lose control and end up killing things so I'm too hesitant... need to improve skill I guess. Thanks for the comment!

Foxfire That book was really really great, I read the whole thing. It really helped me in a few areas. Thanks so much for sharing!

Yesterday's still life was a failure but came back to attack it again today. Posted up my process in case anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it.

Thumbnail to frame things up and identify the lightest and darkest areas. Then v.light undersketch construction with a 3H pencil, then values / rendering with 2B / 6B mainly trying to play up the light / dark areas. My planning tends to fall by the wayside as I get into the rendering but I am getting better at keeping my original intentions in mind, I just can't quite achieve them yet.

[Image: Gzr3Z8J.jpg]

[Image: FJRa6hy.jpg]

[Image: eqZhpH8.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 04-23-2015, 01:18 PM