JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Thanks Lale! I get down sometimes that I'm not where I want to be but if I look back a few months / a year I'm really happy how far I came.

Following inktober I came up with a new art schedule / timetable to tackle all my weaknesses, study new stuff and make comics but have had one after another health problems since 1st Nov. It's nothing serious (pretty sure anyway... still waiting for some various tests) but lots of small things all piled up at once. Makes it so hard to focus so I only manged a few days of my schedule so far. But I am determined to do it, soon as I get better.

In the meantime just working through Alex Woo's gesture course and doing tons of gesture type things (because I don't need high concentration and focus over a long period of time for these). All these are 30 sec up to 2 min, focusing on communicating the idea rather than anatomical accuracy.

[Image: YATy2j4.jpg]

[Image: n2qPiew.jpg]

[Image: xy1q7KC.jpg]

[Image: nqMaDHq.jpg]

[Image: 1gh3Q4P.jpg]
^ left handed

[Image: BdbR3On.jpg]

[Image: MBVo4Uu.jpg]

[Image: AcCpK24.jpg]

The next lesson is about extrapolation - looking at a pose and using it to draw an animal doing some kind of cute pixar like thing.

EDIT

Oh yea, did this too for some paid work:

[Image: 0KSslpE.jpg]

The characters are a bit messy but it looks good printed small on their letters. They were pretty happy with it and want me to do this A4 page illustration for some kind of info pack or booklet (still waiting for the details). I'm not really too into it since it's taking time away from other stuff and I don't really want to be an illustrator (and not so confident I can create the awesome illustration I expect of myself), but I'm sure I will learn some stuff so I accepted it.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 11-18-2015, 08:25 PM