JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Stardust Thanks man! And me neither I know so little about graphic design, which makes these kind of jobs not fun since I dunno what I'm doing... just trying things at random til something looks ok.

Finished the illustration for this booklet / poster thing, I was quite happy with how it turned out - was filled with so much doubt and low confidence during thumbnailing / sketching phase but it seemed to come together alright:

This is the version I wanted them to use:
[Image: VVQZPpK.jpg]

But the lady preferred it flat with no shadows:
[Image: n88KfCJ.jpg]

The colours are pretty dodgy, especially in the thought balloons but I haven't gotten to trying to understand colour properly yet. Someday I will when I get better at all the other stuff! The text is supposed to be just a placeholder, since they have a graphics department who can do a better job than me, but I have a feeling they are going to just print it like that. It's up to them I suppose.

All in all I'm really happy I took this job, since it forced me to spend many hours on something and push it further than I usually do (mostly I abandon stuff when I've spent more than an hour on it, inktober aside), so now I have more confidence to put more hours into stuff that has potential. Comments / critique are very welcome ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 11-25-2015, 04:23 AM