JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Eyliana Thanks for the feedback! The image is confusing because there is the date / place at the bottom but it's not a poster (that's just how they wanted it), it's the cover for an A4 size booklet of lecture notes / study materials for that course, so I could be a bit more free to try and make something that's just nice to look at. Maybe I did make it too busy but I didn't want it to look too sparse (which I've done before when going from a small thumbnail to a bigger size) - although printed on a bigger page without the bright shine of a monitor does change it. Very briefly, the idea I wanted to show, since the title was 'shining blah blah blah' was them all praying to that cupboard thing (which has a scroll inside) and then light shining out onto them 'illuminating the buddha nature of their lives'. Then the flowers / leaves have religious significance but are there for decoration and composition and to give some variety and more interest (that was the intention anyway!). Thanks so much for taking the time to give me feedback : ) the flowers on the floor would've worked nicely too. Thanks ^^

After finishing that piece it feels like my drawing ability dropped - stuff I could do effortlessly keeps coming out all wrong! Maybe it's not and maybe my eye just improved, hopefully I am due a level up but until that happens it's quite frustrating!

Some life drawing stuff:

[Image: HINHWBC.jpg]

[Image: uGqO0Cz.jpg]

Some sketches of my daughter from last week (in my watercolour class we will do a session in monochrome, so I want to make a nice sketch of her that I can transfer to watercolour paper and paint in greys)

[Image: nAQayIB.jpg]

[Image: jrUc0M4.jpg]

I'm unable to draw in my usual place (mum's spare room) for a while so started going to the big central library in my city in the daytimes. Really awesome to go there - no distractions from computer and access to reference material on any subject imaginable. Instead of spending 30+ mins gathering reference on a subject and not knowing if it's accurate or not I can grab a book in 2 mins that's been put together by someone who knows their subject very well! Then at lunchtimes I can go outside and sketch the skateboarders in the square. Getting fresh air and sunlight is a bonus too : )

Decided to get back to perspective a bit, might try and develop these skills through March.

[Image: qZJaPhu.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 02-27-2016, 05:21 AM