JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Kurt Yea I do see that now after being away from it for a while, the flowers do compete for attention. I realise I didn't stick to my original value structure (although couldn't have got the pink and white if I did). Something to learn for next one to check and double check stuff as I move from one stage to the next so my carefully planned out stuff doesn't get wasted! Thanks you guys for the crits : )

Some life drawing stuff, feels really weak again. I'm kind of blaming my inexperience with charcoal, so hopefully as I get more used to it they'll improve. Fighting the urge to switch back to pencil next week - need to keep up the ink practice too since I can't do it anymore ¬_¬

[Image: 5fY7WDy.jpg]

[Image: hFrAyhv.jpg]

[Image: k6oHMlI.jpg]
(head structure is hella warped in this one >.<)

Also a kind of progress check, ended up at my city museum today and drew these two sculptures I drew in June 2014, comparing those and today's to see how much I improved since then.

(2014)
[Image: HcoNr48.jpg]

(Today)
[Image: xedUc4s.jpg]

^ I actually really like the first one, feels like there is more character to it, but the second one is obviously better technically.

[Image: 4FHVoSa.jpg]

[Image: MYGsqsU.jpg]

Today's ones are just crappy phone camera snaps, I might scan them sometime to give a proper comparison.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 03-01-2016, 01:18 PM