JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Smrr Thanks miss Smrr! That really made my day! Have to keep working to get them looking consistently solid like that ^_^

So figures in perspective has always been something I struggled with. I can catch a good gesture from life and can do decent enough ones in imagination work but when I'm constrained by a perspective space my characters totally stiffen up and look weak and weedy cause I'm struggling too much to keep them in that space. This is a big problem since it limits me to drawing a single character and building perspective around them then unable to add more characters - or like with my buddhist chanting illustration being limited to simple characters. Perspective scenes take a while to draw properly so doing a ton of quick practice was hard before I realised to get a load of photo reference and add characters directly on top. Gonna try this practice method for a while to adapt my brain to characters in perspective. Here's the first set:

[Image: DhOmtkO.jpg]

[Image: hApx83Z.jpg]

Pretty weak, stiff and awkward for the first one, second one a little better. I'll determine to do this practice at least a few times a week.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 03-25-2016, 03:49 AM