Anime you're watching?
There are some amazing japanese cartoons out there some of which I know are:

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/570/Jin-Rou: "After witnessing the suicide bombing of a terrorist girl, Constable Kazuki Fuse becomes haunted by her image, and is forced to undergo retraining for his position in the Capital Police's Special Unit. However, unknown to him, he becomes a key player in a dispute between Capital and Local Police forces, as he finds himself increasingly involved with the sister of the very girl he saw die." Dark & twisted, with very good quality drawing/aniamtion for 1999

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/1210/NHK_ni_Youkoso?q=nhk: "Twenty-two-year-old college dropout Tatsuhiro Satou has been a hikikomori for almost four years now. In his isolation, he has come to believe in many obscure conspiracy theories, but there is one in particular which he holds unshakable faith in: the theory that the evil conspirator behind his shut-in NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) status is the Nihon Hikikomori Kyokai (NHK)—an evil and secret organization dedicated to fostering the spread of hikikomori culture.

NHK ni Youkoso! is a psychological dramedy that follows Tatsuhiro as he strives to escape from the NHK's wicked machinations and the disease of self-wrought isolation, while struggling to even just leave his apartment and find a job. His unexpected encounter with the mysterious Misaki Nakahara might signal a reversal of fortune for Tatsuhiro, but with this meeting comes the inevitable cost of having to face his greatest fear—society." Just wow! It tackles a lot of contemporary ideas from the point of view of a NEET :). Very good!

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mira...20Nikki%20: "Lonely high school student, Yukiteru Amano, spends his days writing a diary on his cellphone, while conversing with his two seemingly imaginary friends Deus Ex Machina, who is the god of time and space, and Murmur, the god's servant. Revealing himself to be an actual entity, Deus grants Yukiteru a "Random Diary," which shows highly descriptive entries based on the future and forces him into a bloody battle royale with 11 other holders of similarly powerful future diaries.

With the last person standing designated as the new god of time and space, Yukiteru must find and kill the other 11 in order to survive. He reluctantly teams up with his obsessive stalker Yuno Gasai (who also possesses such a diary), and she takes it upon herself to ensure his safety. But there's more to the girl than meets the eye, as she might have other plans for her unrequited love...". The idea of the "game" I don't find it really interesting myself, but the twists and psychology behind it gave me the chills, just WOW!

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/22729/Aldn...?q=aldnoah & https://myanimelist.net/anime/27655/Aldn...?q=aldnoah: "The discovery of a hypergate on the Moon once allowed the human race to teleport to Mars. Those who chose to settle there unearthed a technology far more advanced than that of their home planet, which they named "Aldnoah." This discovery led to the founding of the Vers Empire of Mars and a declaration of war against the "Terrans," those who stayed behind on Earth. However, a battle on the moon—later called "Heaven's Fall"—caused the hypergate to explode, destroying the moon and leading the two planets to establish an uneasy ceasefire.

Their peace was a fragile one, however. Fifteen years later, high school student Inaho Kaizuka witnesses the plotted assassination of the Vers Empire's Princess Asseylum Vers Allusia, who had come to Earth in hopes of repairing the relationship between the empire and its homeland. The ceasefire is shattered, and the Martians declare war on the Terrans once again. In the face of this insurmountable enemy, Inaho and his friends must now fight against the Vers Empire to settle the war once and for all". In my opinion this is the best mecha cartoon ever, perfect animation, the most amazing sound-track I've ever heard, I might be biased tho'.

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/22199/Akam...ll?q=akame: "Night Raid is the covert assassination branch of the Revolutionary Army, an uprising assembled to overthrow Prime Minister Honest, whose avarice and greed for power has lead him to take advantage of the child emperor's inexperience. Without a strong and benevolent leader, the rest of the nation is left to drown in poverty, strife, and ruin. Though the Night Raid members are all experienced killers, they understand that taking lives is far from commendable and that they will likely face retribution as they mercilessly eliminate anyone who stands in the revolution's way.

This merry band of assassins' newest member is Tatsumi, a naïve boy from a remote village who had embarked on a journey to help his impoverished hometown and was won over by not only Night Raid's ideals, but also their resolve. Akame ga Kill! follows Tatsumi as he fights the Empire and comes face-to-face with powerful weapons, enemy assassins, challenges to his own morals and values, and ultimately, what it truly means to be an assassin with a cause." Very nice deep story, not just slash and bash thing! Really nice soundtrack as well

- https://myanimelist.net/anime/1080/Sento...q=yukikaze: "This full 3DCG digital animation has story takes place in the far future after a pillar of huge fog appeared suddenly in the South Pole. This pillar, known as Jam, is actually a passage for an earth invasion.

In order to oppose the threat, the United Nations established an earth defense mechanism. Fukai Zero is a hero registered to the main force of earth defense and the special 5th flight squadron. His reconnaissance plane, Yukikaze (windblown snow) is the best tactical reconnaissance plane. His job is to collect battle information return safely to the base with the information. But one day when he about to finish his duty, an unidentified machine attacked him...". One very twisted view on alien-parallelworld-encounters. The animation & graphics OH MY GOD! For 2005, I think it still might be the best visual animation I've ever seen in terms of visual effects. Pretty twisted as well. It's kind of hard to follow some times but man, just give it a shot! :D. It isn't one of the popular ones

- Agree with the above, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is just amazing, might be the best psychological cartoon I've seen so far

Well, I hope you haven't seen some of them D:. Have fun :P

Messages In This Thread
Anime you're watching? - by sixfootewok - 11-19-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by ZombieChinchilla - 11-19-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by Triggerpigking - 11-21-2015, 04:01 AM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by crackedskull - 11-24-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by EduardoGaray - 11-28-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by KurtJeremy - 12-02-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by Triggerpigking - 12-02-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by Bookend - 12-03-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by EduardoGaray - 12-05-2015, 04:09 AM
RE: Anime you're watching? - by Farvus - 12-06-2015, 07:56 AM