John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
@Ambiguity - Thanks for the advice! While I'm not particularly sure how you tackle gesture drawing, I've tried laying down implied lines to indicate where the shapes are and the line of action method, both blew my proportions way off! I'm really comfortable with the blocking in method in quick sketches. I am open to doing them again after I figure out a way to make things look passable.. I am still open for suggestions for other methods!

@DQ_Nick - A little secret. Whenever I open my browser, I have your sketchbook opened. Not even kidding! I adore your film studies. I'm trying to squeeze something out of your sketchbook! I haven't properly thanked you for the inspiration. Thanks!

@OtherMuzz - That is an interesting way to tackle the quick sketches that I actually tried it! But instead of pulling off 60 seconds, I gave myself 2 whole minutes, (which in turn decreases the number of hands I'm making). A minute won't cut it for me! I just realized there's a lot of second guessing, thinking, and measuring whenever I do the Bargues. You're pretty much on point with saying there is a different thinking process to different approaches.

---
Hand gestures (2 min):

Gray scale portrait:

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Thread) - by John - 05-17-2016, 02:25 PM