John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Now this might sound like sphincter talk but the battlesuit piece actually turned out way better than I expected! The environment gives it context now. I think the smoke is probably a bit too ill-defined and everywhere, and mushes up the contrast and focus a bit too much. The lighting could be made more dynamic to give it impact, but it' s got some solid bones in there. I think you should take it to a better finish; it's a definite folio contender!

Metal is ALL about the speculars. You can almost do anything, but as long as the speculars are right for whatever type of material, it starts to look like the thing.

Might do a PO for you for inspiration and to kick your lazy ass into doing the final 10% when all pieces come alive.

And that subway piece is pretty solid...sure things can always be tweaked but overall I like. And the last piece and process is juicy.

Keep at it son.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by Amit Dutta - 08-12-2016, 02:36 PM