John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Found an interesting nugget of information from none other than CD (inactive) member, Alex Negrea!

"And since I want more vibrant colors I go even more saturated with colors. I do not color pick from my painting either except when I am closer to the end and I want to loose a bit the saturation. Colorpicking its great if you want to remove the vibrancy:)"

Makes me want to rethink my process. I do a whole lot of color picking, maybe it's time to minimize that habit.. No wonder the paintings I do tend to be muddy the more I noodle around..

(Whole article here: http://muddycolors.blogspot.com/2016/12/...egrea.html)

----

Had an interesting chat with dodeqaa about light few days back.. That conversation made me realize I don't know how to paint night scenes, among other things.. Have to give props to that guy for the push.

Portrait study:

Needs more work, but I'd rather go to another piece and start all over. Learned a lot of things with the study.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by John - 12-20-2016, 11:33 PM