John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Among other things we talked about was color temperature. That theory where it states if your light is warm, you'd have cool shadows. And vice versa. This made me think about whether or not cool red light and warm blue shadows were possible..

Which prompted me to do this study: Pink neon lights, as that cool red light, as the main light source, under the blue-ish moonlight. (again, shout out to dodeqaa for the information on these things)

Portrait study:

Changed my process a little bit. Gave my brush higher opacity. Same brush with different spacing to pull off textures. Put paint blobs on a layer (like a digital palette) that I can hide/unhide so I can pick the colors from there and not on the piece itself.. I will paint like this in the foreseeable future.

Now that some of that nagging feeling is out of the way, I'm hoping to focus on personal stuff!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by John - 12-21-2016, 10:42 PM