John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
EmEl - Hi! And thanks for the kind words! But I think I led you to believe that the improvement came in fast. To tell you honestly, I've been at this for years. I think there was half a decade, probably more, just trying to understand figures and perspective. I was making comics back then and those were the most important elements. 

It's kinda more embarrassing to say that there are still a lot of aspects in anatomy and perspective I am still not confident with as you can observe in this thread.

There's another point I'd like to address. There are still times that I am still afraid with regards to this art thing. You name it: not being good enough, will it make money, was all those years a waste of time, etc... No doubt that I still struggle with the same anxiety problems I've had for a long time. 

One of the things I find comfort is, especially here in the forums, that it's okay to bomb and make mistakes. I think almost everyone shares that same trait: that willingness to fall, push our egos aside and just to get up and try do things better. It's commendable that this is something we, regardless of skill level, all uphold here in the forums, consciously or otherwise.

Bookend - That badassery can be directed to helmighs, and her portrait class right here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2727.html

---
Portrait study because I'm losing my mind over that Batman piece:

Thanks to Hob for the tips.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by John - 05-14-2017, 03:02 AM