John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
neopatogen - Your motto sounds, to be frank, tiring! I'm physically bent out of shape to appreciate that! But sure, a lot of artists I look up to have that boundless amount of drive that I can only hope for myself. It's one of the qualities I admire for sure. I do remember Atey (or was it John Silva?) commending you for the ungodly amount of work you did for the Crucible challenges..

I'm fairly okay with portrait copying. They're absolutely fun. I think it's enjoyable mainly because doing it is comfortable, which is terrible. There are few things I do during those exercises to convince myself that I'm learning something (testing new brushes, making good judgments on colors, stroke economy, etc...). If I have to be honest, I think there's a little bit of guilt involved because I am not progressing with any of my personal pieces when I do portrait copies. 

Have you experienced something so good that in the back of your head you're wondering what the catch is, but in the end you go through it anyway? That's the same feeling I get.

And the sword isn't stuck on the beam! I hope I conveyed that well in the latest version!

---

Calling this done for now:

I haven't done slider adjustments on it. And there are elements I want to put. But I'm sick of looking at it to even push through. I'll probably shelf this til next year!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Do not coddle and punch him right in the goolies.) - by John - 12-19-2017, 11:29 PM