John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]neopatogen [/font]- Hey Neo. It's been a long time. What got me back is sentimental attachment. Like how people move away only to come back to their old stomping grounds just to move away again.

And yeah. To be completely honest with the work, the face of that guy really needs work. I don't think you can make a face given that low angle perspective. And anatomy-wise, the girl on the left should have her shoulder lifted up. And as Rotohail mentioned, the guy's anatomy on the right is way off too.

And yeah man. Told Amit I wanted to do comic book stuff a long time ago. The excuses I make up for myself are just really eating at me.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Rotohail  [/font]- That's the thing about social media. It's an impersonal network that tricks your head into thinking that their approval system is an indicator of value given to you by another person. Not discrediting that it might be. The factors that come into play: real users vs bots; algorithms that play to your bias; the engagement you get isn't as, for the lack of a better term, genuine as the ones you get face to face. I've had people online rip me a new one because of how I draw faces, or anatomy or how I paint (evidently, just by looking through this thread alone). But the same piece could generate a tamer or a complete 180 reaction when you're confronted with real people in conventions or workshops. 

On one hand, yeah, treat it like a business. Be the best prostitute you can possibly be. Work on your craft. Play to the crowd and give them what they want. But on the other hand, kinda nice to remember that just fucking around for the sake of it is fun too.

Fedodika - Whatever you're smoking, I'm all for it.

----
Not much going on. Or I'm just too tired to rant. But I made it a point to put up some drawing or painting whenever I'm posting. Needed to pump something fast before I go back to my regular programming. Ergo. More questionable work from me.

[Image: 78J77eI.jpg]

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Used to be super active! But still the longest thread name ever in CD) - by John - 11-17-2019, 02:34 AM