John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
You hit the nail on that one, eventually we will all have to play the game, whichever it is at the time, and I'll eventually will, for learning I wish there were more platforms you can go to tho, I guess they are but as with anything, is best to monetize it if you do so. Ha. So true, ha, people in face to face are usually more coy and not as open, and writing a comment sometimes there's lashing out and other stuff to filter, but I mean, I think I got used to that, I just focus on the content not as much the voice, also reading something, is your inner voice most of the time who has to make sense of it and who puts the tone. Not always, but yeah, there's plenty of miscommunication I feel due to that. Can't see the face on the other end, can't emphasize or know if they are friendly joking or actually want to murder you lol.

Oh boy ha ha ha! That comic strip reaction made me chuckle madly! The one about the brushes, I think I get what he's saying though, a hard and a soft one covers most of your bases, I'm personally a fan more and more of the smudge and a hard one, rather than a soft one, but shush! don't tell anyone... Smudge gets no love.

The katana girl action is awesome, although what is she cutting? My favourite panels for composition and pose are the 1st and the 5th one, 5th specially for the turning of the head and all reads epic, the last one I had a bit of trouble seeing that it was her torso, although it made sense since it follows the same camera placement for a bit at least I thought it was a leg and a foot. Nothing some color would fix though, or tones. Alternatively you could show the hand a bit more on that one, fingers or so. The one I see most trouble is the 4th one, mainly it feels you change her body proportions too much? Didn't feel consistent as there (I feel her shoulders are narrower now than before, not as wide, compared with the head). The line quality is great.

What do you usually do for prints? I honestly have never done such a thing so I'm not sure I can be of any help, but either try for what was more successful before to you or, something completely new.

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Used to be super active! But still the longest thread name ever in CD) - by Rotohail - 11-23-2019, 11:42 PM