John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
Rotohail - The sketch thing. I kinda understand the execution darktiste wants me to do. But meh. No offense to him, but it feels like I'm being told what to do by a person who's horrible at math when I'm trying to figure out rocket propulsion.

(Then again, my math isn't exactly as sound as I'd like it to be, metaphorically speaking. Just to be fair.)

I guess I failed to provide a little bit of context. When I did that thing, I was playing around with this clip studio brush, thinking it could be that one brush that could do everything when I want something fast. But, as painstakingly obvious to everyone, either my technique is shite or I need to play around with the millions of brushes Clip studio has to offer.

The girl should be cutting a ceiling mounted turret from the previous page (which I didn't provide the page for here). Yes, there are proportion issues. But that's just me hoping readers won't mistake that person for another character. I've been notorious for taking forever doing comic pages. I swear to god it bothers me, but not as much these days. Heard some comic veteran saying that the purpose of the work should serve the story. Everything is secondary. There are a lot of comic book artists who's infinitely better with their artistic foundation, but couldn't tell as interesting of a story than artists who'd risk to break rules.

I'm going to catch a lot of shit saying this. Sean Gordon Murphy's (Batman's White Knight) layouts are more fun to read than George Perez's (Crisis) layouts. I love them both. Both are great storytellers. But I just prefer how the former tells the story than the latter.
I believe Hiroya Oku (Gantz) has sound anatomy compared to a lot of manga artists out there. But, I would much rather read Ogure Ito's (Airgear) stuff even though there are times you catch him trying to wing it.

Not that I'm stating those as an excuse to not improve my foundations. It's just that this is a long winded answer to say, yes, you are correct. I know it still sucks, but at the same time, I am also trying to improve this craft whether its composition, anatomy, perspective, storytelling, and etc...

But, regardless, I still appreciate people pointing out my horrible panels.

Con prints.. I did illustration prints of existing comic book IPs. Some of the development I had help here on this thread (Josie and the Pussycats and the Batman piece).

darktiste - >:)

chubby_cat - I really appreciate your comment. When I read your thoughts on this, it's gave me a nice perspective on how to approach on what I should be working on. I'm still planning, but I go back to your comment whenever I get too lost in my own thoughts and just overthinking it. Thanks!

---

Obligatory post that I'm still doing something:
[Image: N62xNic.jpg]

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: John's Thread (Used to be super active! But still the longest thread name ever in CD) - by John - 12-01-2019, 02:05 PM