John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
(02-12-2016, 02:47 AM)nutriman Wrote: If the whole picture has the same color bias I'd use Color Balance or R/G/B Level Adjustments,
if it's just partial then the same with a mask.

If you want to correct it by painting over try out different blend modes if normal gave you dirty colors.
For example if you want a certain spot to be darker and more saturated I paint over it on a multiply layer.

Sometimes when starting a color study I make test strokes next to the color I want to recreate,
see how they match.
Maybe for some that's already cheating but IMHO only colorpicking in advance is cheating
and so I avoid that.
But testing out colors and then correcting it is a good learning exercise with instant fedback I think.

I avoid adjustments as much as possible. I am trying to train myself to have a better judgement on my color choices. I am used to rely on those heavily to the point that it feels like I am using that tool like a crutch. 

But nonetheless, thank you. I got those tips noted. Expecially the side by side color testing. Never did that. I'd probably will in the future.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Study Dump) - by John - 02-12-2016, 06:55 PM