Newl's Amazingly Underwhelming Sketchbook!
(04-12-2016, 01:11 PM)Triggerpigking Wrote: Ooh nice start dude, good line quality, andd yeah the proko premium vids are fantastic, i'm on his anatomy course currently.

Thank you! How are you liking the anatomy course? Are you using the free vids for that?

(04-12-2016, 05:11 PM)Nada_H Wrote: you draw really good faces, especially the old man on the comic cover
also the male figures are so much better than they were in your first post, fast improvement!

keep it up!

Thanks, Nada_H! I became so focused on getting good at faces that I just ended up feeling unsatisfied with every one I drew. Always nice to hear it's going well despite my own self-criticism. :)

Aaaand a few more posts. A couple digital WIPs. Man, I like, just don't get painting. I'm trying, but I just feel so lost with this topic. Anybody got any tips? Good tutorials? I own (and admittedly haven't really cracked into) "Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter" by James Gurney. That one always comes recommended, but I feel like I don't even have the basic techniques down yet.  

A character, called Newl (hence the name) that I draw when I'm trying new things. I made him up a long time ago, not much to him, but he's stupid enough that I can try new techniques on a drawing of him without caring if I'm going to ruin it. Silly, but it gets me past that hurdle.

Western scene a friend asked me to draw, trying to improve my perspective and figure placement with this. Barely started trying to put down colors and gave up!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newl's Amazingly Underwhelming Sketchbook! - by newl - 04-12-2016, 07:55 PM