Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM
Quote:Great imagination here Alopex :).

Thanks!  I know I have a long way to go with technical skill, but I guess that's something going for me at least.  ;)

Quote:I also love the fact that you're using all kinds of different traditional media.

I love traditional.  I have the necessities to dabble in digital as well later, but I still anticipate being primarily traditional or perhaps sometimes augmenting traditional with digital.  Part of it is that traditional feels different, part of it is liking having an original work.  I'm also one of those weird people who likes physical books better than e-books, so maybe it's related.  

Forgot to include this charcoal bit I did in my original post:

[Image: wererat_zpsyxdbcodz.jpg]

I hope I'm not stretching myself too thin, but I like being versatile and having a lot of choices.  I also figure many of the same principles still apply across different mediums.

I've also been following some of the advice I've been given.  I know it still needs some work, but I started practicing proportions:

[Image: anatomystudy_zpssirmnmar.jpg]

[Image: woman_zpshakg6bxy.jpg]

I've also started trying to sketch a bit more from life.  Did this one of a palm tree in a restaurant while waiting to be seated:

[Image: palm_zpsmjb6glkm.jpg]

Also started doing this one while out and about, but didn't get to finish because the old theater I was exploring, where my reference was, closed for the night.  Maybe I'll go back to try to finish it later:

[Image: lumiere_zpskuiyq8is.jpg]

Just noticed one of the candles is crooked, but I've still got to finish it anyway so I'll go back and fix it.

Messages In This Thread
Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by Alopex - 01-11-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by Alopex - 01-13-2017, 11:29 PM
RE: Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by Alopex - 01-14-2017, 09:05 PM
RE: Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by Alopex - 01-14-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by Alopex - 01-16-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by AlexShi - 01-19-2017, 01:07 AM
RE: Alopex's n00b Sketchbook of DOOM - by Alopex - 01-28-2017, 09:21 PM