DESQUOLOR's sketchbook -- journey to mastery
@artloader - thanks so much artloader! Krenz is an inspiration of mine for sure. <3 I should definitely try some figures in perspective sometime soon! About scott robertson, well, it's been a bit but I just feel like all the dimensionality is still a work in progress, so it was very easy to get in my own headspace about it. Good luck to you as well!!

@darktiste - thanks man, i definitely want to work on my line quality a lot more, but I've been mainly concerned with my visual library and dimensionality, as well as just working on pure mileage. i'll definitely try to hammer that in before I work on a comic though (which I really want to do sometime).

@fedodika - thank you!

---
i haven't been really active on these forums for a little while, but I'm still very much active with art. It's approaching 2 years since i've cemented it into a daily habit.

life has gotten a lot better for me, but I still aspire for big dreams. part of realizing those dreams is to just get really fucking good, which I fully feel I can do. As the new years settle in, I've set myself with some soft goals such as casting ego aside and allowing myself to enjoy the process of making art fully as well as finding fun routines to just draw every day. I spent a lot of time caught in a loop of simple exercises, which weren't bad, but didn't advance me as far as something else could.

In general, working on mileage, fun, and expanding past comfort zones this year. Less overthinking, less overanalysis, just plain drawing. I've been too strict with my process and haven't allowed much fun to seep in, which has been hindering me in so many ways. I'm over it.  Having a fearful mindset is paralysis. You need to be willing to make mistakes to learn and that's just what i'll do.

here's a little bit of what i've been up to:

old:

newer stuff:

Messages In This Thread
RE: DESQUOLOR's sketchbook -- journey to mastery - by DESQUOLOR - 01-10-2020, 01:45 AM