Roanna's sketchbook AKA Negative Space
(02-19-2019, 11:36 PM)Eraiasu Wrote: Hi! I see that what I wrote wasn't too clear :)

What I was trying to say was: When you are painting, you correct your drawing in the process. So you are drawing, when you are painting.  I usually start with a drawing, then I paint. But as I'm painting, I lose the drawing, then I have to redraw while painting. If that makes sense? :P

But I get that overdoing something and working it to death is unproductive. I'm all about doing quicker stuff, I just think it should be balanced with something that you spend more time on. Say 2hours or more/less, on the hands, for example. Depends on you :) I find that slowing down can be just as good for learning as doing quicker things.

Interesting thought, thank you. I've noticed that I do a preliminary drawing only for things I don't understand or for something complicated, but in the end I'm not relying on it much and don't care if I loose something. In my head there is a distinct separation between one and another. Maybe I need to do meticulous drawings first and put a painting upon them? Hmmmmmm... Thinking

Sketchbook (^_^)
 [page01] [page02] [page03] [page04]

| DeviantArt | Instagram |

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roanna's sketchbook AKA Negative Space - by roanna - 02-19-2019, 11:57 PM