Crimson CHOW #24 - Underwater Assassin - FINALS
Here's my final submission to the challenge; underwater assassin. 

[font=Trebuchet MS]When the world's oceans flooded the land and submerged all but the most inhospitable environments, the surviving human tribes have moved their hunting grounds underwater. [/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]The hunters of these tribes have perfected their scuba suits to mimic the octopus' camouflage in order to blend into the reefs. They use air-pressured harpoons to shoot and hook their prey, then force the remainder of their air through their scuba-packs to quickly drag the prey to the surface, where the rafts pick them up. [/font]

Critique and learnings: this is the second character design I've ever done, which might explain why I chose to spend more effort on the suit- and harpoon design instead of properly rendering the character and face. 
The final angle of the design is definitely "unorthodox", and was I to deliver this to a 3D modeler, she/he would be very upset with me. 
I really enjoyed using VR for my concept pipeline, it's such a powerful design tool. 
While I had a cool narrative in mind with a different camera angle, I couldn't quite capture it the way I wanted to. 
The way this challenge pushed me out of my comfort zone was very nice, and I'm happy with the end result despite obvious shortcomings. 

Looking forward to seeing the other submissions!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #24 - Underwater Assassin - FINALS - by gerbenpasjes - 02-07-2021, 12:28 AM