Crimson COW (Week of March 1st)
(03-09-2021, 07:50 AM)darktiste Wrote: I think you should use the rhythm of the tail and modify the rock formation so that the leg are taking less of a visual weight that if you choose to keep going with your original plan.Here my opinion normally dragon sleep in a cat like fashion inside cavern this is rather unusual to think that a dragon would be sleeping outside during the day time.For me the storytelling doesn't totally make sense.Did you do a bunch of thumbnail before hand or you simply tried your luck on this composition?

Maybe most dragons sleep in caves but not this dragon. Don't really have a reason for it, just thought the composition and concept were cool so I ran with it. For the composition, I just tried my luck in 3D, but I had a visual in my mind of the story I wanted to tell and the approximate POV!

(03-09-2021, 08:38 AM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: Apologies to gerben if I got this wrong, but the storytelling makes sense to me. It's meant to be a petrified dragon that is lying dormant and may or may not wake.

Yeah, exactly I'm not thinking too much about it tbh, just having fun and trying my hand at sculpting for the first time. I seem unable to prevent myself from making it into an environment concept again though haha, maybe I won't submit it for the final? Perhaps if I try to actually paint up a side view or smth of the dragon so you can see the design!

I've given the dragon a scaly texture now, might still swap that out for stone, I have to see. I'm still in the process of designing my shapes right now so I retain readability but also mood. It helps that the POV is against the sun so I can work more graphically. 

I really don't like the fog right now, it's supposed to be this morning's layer of mist but it's really not working. The horses and rocks I like, but they need more shape definition without becoming too contrasty. That's gonna be a juggle.

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by Pubic Enemy - 03-01-2021, 01:14 AM
RE: Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by gerbenpasjes - 03-12-2021, 07:57 AM
RE: Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by Skeffin - 03-13-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: Crimson COW (Week of March 1st) - by Jana - 03-15-2021, 09:22 PM