Help me clarify my job title
(03-28-2021, 02:48 AM)Who Wrote: Job title is irrelevant. Your Folio will speak more than anything else you will put on a cv or cover letter for an application.
Prop artist,  junior artist, concept artist, mobile game asset artist, whatever.
It depends on the company what they call anything. The job description  should describe the job tasks and skills they are looking for.

Several months have already passed since you were recommended by many here to start creating Folio worthy work right away. Have you completed anything yet?
No Folio no job
You know it the same old same old struggle of i am ready?To make a portfolio which is always can be answers by yes.Sure i can aim low for indie but that would be splitting my time between a job and learning which i would probably prefer to be putting in learning but at the same time i could be learn so much more at a job than by my own.I know i am getting more and more positive feedback which seem to be a good sign i could be doing a portfolio in the next few month but it the question of what i am gonna put inside that come after.Those are question as you seen i am trying to answers by starting to define what kind of job title i should be responding to and how it affect what should be inside.But thank you seem to encourage me to work more toward my portfolio i was trying to expand my visual library and creative skill but it as much a struggle about creating my own opportunity putting my work out.I felt like i didn't wanted to just let say pass the art test and still be struggliing so i wanted a bit more ''expertise'' but that hard to judge when i am ready... not gonna lie.I also wanted to get my hand on some 3d modelling understanding to give myself a edge over my competition which isn't giving me much of a edge because it now pretty much assume you have that at entry level  to a certain extent i suppose it get more and more difficult the more i wait.

Anyways thank for the clarification. Sometime your biggest critic is yourself sadly.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-26-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-28-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-28-2021, 09:14 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-28-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-28-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-30-2021, 10:54 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-30-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-30-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Zizka - 03-30-2021, 10:01 PM