Help me clarify my job title
[color=#9f9f9f]It is hard for someone like me to avoid developping stress over thing he cannot control. What i control i try to do my best to try to put everything on my side. This mean i have to make sure everything i would like the employer to see is in my portfolio and is well presented this mean i must make my role and position pretty clear and not send mix signal.

[color=#9f9f9f][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Trying to explain what i do everyday is what artist generally do i don't know exactly how i can describe this without getting to specific but it does involve drawing which is what is already establish as the solution. Certainly the proportion quality and quantity of what i am doing can be tweak for better result but that is not something easy to learn you have to practice having a honest internal dialogue about what are your priority are and when second guessing arrive that when no priority seem to be clearly defined it just a matter of choosing one over the other which become problematic because you want to be in control of the outcome.But the outcome you don't know until you try.A plan is about setting a vision of a possible outcome.So overplanning can also become the issue.

It just bad cycle of not being able to let go of the desire to have the best outcome possible.So in a sense i would say i am perfectionist in my approch of drawing but it end up putting the break on my ability to draw.Because as artist we are constently tweaking were approch. I don't want to be the guy who bang is head against a wall reaching plateau a not leveling up.

So my most recent decision was to learn more about Z brush and maya because that was on my list of thing to learn more about and it might not directly translate to drawing but it will improve my way of thinking in term of 3 space which i think is a great tool to have on top of drawing skill. Why is it a priority one might ask. Because i also have to understand how to collaborate with the other artist once i start working and it probably not a good idea to try to stack that on top of other thing i will need to quickly learn once i can land a job.

Art quality is still a priority but my work still as to be understood by other and that why i am trying to understand how to better communicate and understand there expectation aswell as there 3d language else it like talking 2 language and not understand one an other.Who as a better job safety?Someone who understand is role in the bigger picture? or an artist who make great work but can't work with people? It not clear at the end of the day there is no one recipe for sucess but having a killer portfolio in my eye open alot of door. Do i want to be a team player or do i want to be an independant artist i choose to try to be a team player to start to work toward building the confidence to be an independent artist some day.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-26-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-28-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-28-2021, 09:14 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-28-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-28-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-30-2021, 10:54 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by darktiste - 03-30-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Who - 03-30-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: Help me clarify my job title - by Zizka - 03-30-2021, 10:01 PM