Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Anyone want to join our study group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We're a group of about twenty people right now, but there's usually only one or two people online at a time so we'd like to get more members. What we do is pick a topic every week and do a bunch of studies, the goal being that we should be able to draw it from our head when we're done. Basically building up visual vocabulary.

We currently communicate through skype, though it's all through text but we use google hangouts to stream/talk while we're working. We've also got a dropbox with some resources and a bunch of images that we all add to/study from.

Here's our group thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3621.html

Anyone's welcome to join! Comment or PM me and I'll add you to our skype group :)
(07-31-2013, 05:04 AM)hemogoblin Wrote: [ -> ]We're a group of about six people right now, but there's usually only one or two people online at a time so we'd like to get more members. What we do is pick a topic every week and do a bunch of studies, the goal being that we should be able to draw it from our head when we're done. Basically building up visual vocabulary.

We currently communicate through skype, though it's all through text (no audio) and we use join.me to stream while we're working (we're considering using google hangouts instead though). We've also got a dropbox with some resources and a bunch of images that we all add to/study from.

Here's our group thread: link

Anyone's welcome to join! Comment or PM me and I'll add you to our skype group :)

Sounds awesome, just a question. What timezone is it :?

I mean I'm 100% up for it, but if it is outside of Europa my attendance will perhaps take a dip due to school.
We have a couple guys in Europe, but the rest of us are based in the US. I'm online most of the time though!
I would love to join! :)

sugar

This sounds awesome! My skype is whosehips and I'd like to join. (I'm GMT -7)

Michael Syrigos

Hey, I've like to join if you have a space available.
We always have space! PM sent :)
i'm interested, do you guys have a google hangout link? When do u guys or gals meet?

sugar

There's a newly minted google hangout; it's been largely skype, I think. And there isn't a solid meetup time (we're polling to try and figure one out). People just sort of drift in and out of the chat. C:
hi i like to join, do you have google+ / hangout link or skype?
I can drop in if you guys do a google hangout. I'd love to study with others.

techhunter80

Hope it's not to late for me to join your group because I would love to have people to draw with.
This sounds like a great chance to get more studies in, definitely down to join.
Hey you guys can join for sure! The group has died down a bit, we aren't as committed to the weekly studies as we used to be, but we still talk and go on google hangouts sometimes. I'll PM all of you with my skype :)
Hey Hemogoblin, I'd love to join the group! My Skype name is JyonnyNovice.

TheDude

Hey Hemoglobin, I would like to join the group if possible. Could use som structure on my drawing practise! :) What is you skype? Google hangout is not something I have tried yet, but will check it out.

Skype name themorgue.