Art hard or go home
We're a group of roughly twenty people who pick one subject, then draw it as much as we can while sharing our work through google hangouts so we can critique each other.

You're welcome to join if you want! We're always looking for new members :)
More info here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3716.html

Some quick landscape studies to get the thread going

[Image: XAGcSFL.png]

i would like too but im kind of newbie wonder if u can accept me on the gang
heres my stuff till now :

http://rikudou.deviantart.com/
enviro studies and dog studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Pitbull studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys. Couple of questions: what is your schedule? Do you only do studies? Who else is in it? Where do you meet? I'd like more information before i consider joining this. I'm very interested though.

oh and what time zone are you in. I'm from Germany, btw (GMT) My sketchbook is in my sig.
T-rex studies!

[Image: dS02LJ2.png]
[Image: cePRbWf.png]

Reference used for most of them

carnies 'w'

OK here's my take on some T-Rex anatomy. I couldn't find any good reference so I have no idea what many things are, also I obliterated the sketchy bone structure underneath, but based on my current knowledge of anatomy, many groups seem credible. Anyone have any reference on the facial muscles?
Just curious as to what your schedules are? Same questions as Eleven.
Some warm up sketches on the dinos:

Surprisingly human in a weird way, at least that's what i'm getting from these so far. More tomorrow!
dinos - just skeletons this time.

I painted one

Question 

armor WIP, i should stick to painting ^^;;
Natori - I would do a few drapery studies. You can hang a blanket over a door or something. Work on the folds. I can see on the sleeves.

Just one piece for this weeks topic. Armor

Ron - when rendering I think I'd just make the distinctions between the different shades sharper to make it appear more reflective.

Attached Files Image(s)

Made this last week. I didn't use reference except for the pose. I need to get more creative.
I think I can do a lot more with the lighting to push it forward but I'm tired and it's the middle of the night here :)

Any critique is welcome!
@Beirot, looks really good! Only thing that's not clear to me is how the part behind her left hand works. What covers what? Might be that the reference is not clear :)

I made this, not specifically historical but I think they probably wore things like these.

Tongue 
hey im new!! I was invited by hemogoblin...i look forward to arting hard lol....are there currently any challenges or studys posted???

(08-04-2013, 12:59 AM)Michael Syrigos Wrote: OK here's my take on some T-Rex anatomy. I couldn't find any good reference so I have no idea what many things are, also I obliterated the sketchy bone structure underneath, but based on my current knowledge of anatomy, many groups seem credible. Anyone have any reference on the facial muscles?

i love the way this looks...nice colors!!
i love those animals, dinosaurs and skeletal studies

revani - i like your armor guy #15.....but i see reflections missing.... the armor [if made from metal]
should have reflections...introduce some sky blue colors for reflection.. hope it helps

so this morning hangout session .......Drapey study

xcarbon: Like I said earlier, it looks great! I think you should define the shadows a bit more, just to separate the values.

Used photo ref for all of them:

Attached Files Image(s)

Xcarbon - looks good but flat. (Common issue at first) Push the overlaping forms and push the highlights some and the darks. I think. Best to get a second opinion though.

hemogoblin - don't forget to do some from imagination / Incorporate it into your work.

I pretty much forgot to do clothing studies for the week, but I did do this one.