Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: 1 Month - 10 Pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of you may know about the Massive Black Workshop that is happening in LA next month. Well I really REALLY want to go to that. (link for those who don't: http://massiveblack.com/workshop/)

BUT, I really want to have a better portfolio by the time that date rolls around. So I need to get started ASAP.

http://www.sdutter.com/ This is where my work is at the current moment. It's okay, but not quite there yet.

My goal is 10 pieces in 4 weeks and I'm already one day into it. I'll be uploading my WIPs to this thread as I go. Wish me luck!
[attachment=36925]

One down! Jpeg came out a little grainy but I can fix that later! Got to keep going!
Looks pretty cool man. I think you can do it, or at least come close enough to have some new stuff in your portfolio before the event.

I'm going and thought very similarly, but I have a lot of classwork to finish so I hope they don't hate me for having a bit more fundamental of a portfolio.

Either way, I'm interested in seeing how this goes, keep at it!
(11-12-2013, 04:39 AM)nphill19 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks pretty cool man. I think you can do it, or at least come close enough to have some new stuff in your portfolio before the event.

I'm going and thought very similarly, but I have a lot of classwork to finish so I hope they don't hate me for having a bit more fundamental of a portfolio.

Thanks so much! We should make a thread for all the daggers that are going to be there, it would be cool to meet up!
(11-12-2013, 04:52 AM)Brynklord Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2013, 04:39 AM)nphill19 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks pretty cool man. I think you can do it, or at least come close enough to have some new stuff in your portfolio before the event.

Thanks so much! We should make a thread for all the daggers that are going to be there, it would be cool to meet up!
I would absolutely love that haha, I need to meet people, especially artists.
Good luck with your task! So... when the new piece will be posted? :)
(11-14-2013, 07:11 PM)kerm Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with your task! So... when the new piece will be posted? :)

Soon!! :D

I have school during the day and the night shift at work, most days of the week. So throughout Friday and the weekend I'll be uploading as much as I can!
[attachment=37387]

Another one down! Any critique would be appreciated!
Finally :) Isn't her anatomy a bit off? Imho the arms are out of proportion - the upper arm is reeeeaaaaly long and forearm short. Shouldn't the neck be moved a bit to the front?