Sam Denmark's Art
Hello! I am pretty nervous about posting all this but hey! Hope you all like it and look forward to any feedback/tips on how to improve.

I'm currently a 3rd year Game Design student working on a game called Duality, demo should be out around May. I do a bit of 3d work but mainly 2d, at the moment im working on whatever i can get!

The 2 images in this post are the only finished images ihave from my game.
And the girl holding the hea is for a comic i'd love to start called Twisted Family, but other things keep getting in the way!
Other images in this post are either personal work or commissions.

Crit away. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I can see you have some knowledge that hasn't caught up with you yet. It's pretty clear what is referenced and what isn't in your portfolio. You're also not thinking outside the box. You need creative mileage.

If you have a dream comic in mind, then I encourage you to jump on it. That is a sure fire way to give what you need to confront all of the basics. Just don't expect to get published or to even make a comic that you are even happy with on your first attempt, but you will learn through trial and error. You will be tackling anatomy, composition, perspective, shorthand, staging, expression, mood and everything else that goes into storytelling.

Studios invest so much into concept art for to work out the visual problem solving. The more problems you can confront, the more you can solve. Good storytelling is a rare ability and can't be outsourced.
I've had to try and fit this comic stuff in around my uni work an other projects. There are 4 main characters in the 1st chapter that i want to get designd and painted before i go into anything else. As for the comic itself i have been tempted to model the characters in 3d and pose them like that, hopefully fixing any proportion and prespective issues i may have.
However i will try and jump on it asap. Thanks

Dude your work is awsome, greetings!
i love the crow thingy dude. so sick!
Hey, saw this mainly because it said "Denmark" in the title. Are you from Denmark? I live in Birkerød, it would be nice to know that there is a Dagger close by :)

Good work though. I'm not very good myself, so I'll keep my advice really short (and you obviously don't have to listen to it, if you don't want to). If I were you, I'd work on form a lot, you can render pretty nice, so try to work on shape and form. Dave gave a nice little tutorial about on YouTube, which you should definitely check out.
haha! I'm afraid not dude. It's my actual last name, I've never even been to Denmark, I can imagine them giving me funny looks at airport security. :P
I'll check out that video though, thanks. I'm always being told to practice form and anatomy. Tried quite a few new techniques but always get told something is wrong. So need more practice!

Oh okey, lol. Oh well..... :P

New commission, pretty pleased with how this one turned out so wanted to share it. Any feedback welcome. :)

(02-11-2012, 06:24 AM)Devil Glonk Wrote: New commission, pretty pleased with how this one turned out so wanted to share it. Any feedback welcome. :)

You should be proud of this one. I like the depth in it. Good work! :D
Yes, the focus and edge control in your newest piece is ace!

I think, though, that you're not spending the time on your finals to fix all of those little things. Especially if you have decent ref, in which case you should be able to keep fixing and fixing. There are a lot of smaller things, like the ear and the neckline, that just don't have the same amount of care that you've taken with the rest of the image.

________
.PORTFOLIO.

Started this a while ago but had to keep putting it off due to other projects. Finally got it finished a while ago, Luvisi himself saw it too and was over the moon with it, which made me very happy indeed!

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished aliens piece. :) Thanks to all the guys on here who gave me crit on this.
Cheers

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/262/alienssmall.jpg

Hey man, good work, not so much into the gorey stuff but really nice job on solid snake piece and nice to see the aliens piece came out great, your hard work really shows, keep pushing it!!

All of this started out as an eye study!? Around a week in total, did the head a s a separate piece then thought i'd carry it on into this. :)
[Image: bigbanesmall.jpg]

Been a while!

One of the characters from my Twisted Family book, Azazel

[img][Image: azazelfullcgs.jpg][/img]

And not sure if this should be in this thread or i should start a sketchbook....but either way:
[img][Image: experimentingcopycgs.jpg][/img]

....Well this hasn't been updated in a while....So here's a few things!

Right, these 3 are part of 7 for a huge freelance project i had, the premise was 6 samurai surrounding a 7th (green guy) who is fighting an unseen opponent.

[Image: 7_zps7a6a2523.jpg]
[Image: 6_zpscc93eb9a.jpg]
[Image: 4_zps5c355576.jpg]

Another character from my book, which i haven't worked on in fucking ages and need to get back into!

[Image: UshaWeb_zps95126cce.jpg]

And some fanart stuffs:
[Image: KratosWeb_zpse149db09.jpg]

[Image: LichWeb_zps14787e75.jpg]

And last of all 2 things from a new job, doing "alternative greeting cards" good fun though!
[Image: badsantasmall_zps05b8ceeb.jpg][Image: 1yCFinalSmall_zps659c1d57.jpg]

Nice works, but the second one, the girl with the head, jesus dude, I almost spit out:-). Nice and clean, as I was slowly scrolling her down and then BOOM! - ultra disgusting bloody head...just ain't going together dude. Seriously, it's really really disgusting, it really makes an impact, a bad one, my advice would be to remove it, or at least don't show it anywhere else. Other pieces are "ok", gory but entirely, from top to bottom, which is somewhat easier to look at, no fucking surprises like with the second one:-)

weapons and other props > http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-2683.html

For hi-res (original) images of these designs, please got to nenadgojkovic.deviantart.com
Available for freelance work, contact me via [email protected]
(07-24-2013, 12:05 PM)NenadGojkovic Wrote: Nice works, but the second one, the girl with the head, jesus dude, I almost spit out:-). Nice and clean, as I was slowly scrolling her down and then BOOM! - ultra disgusting bloody head...just ain't going together dude. Seriously, it's really really disgusting, it really makes an impact, a bad one, my advice would be to remove it, or at least don't show it anywhere else. Other pieces are "ok", gory but entirely, from top to bottom, which is somewhat easier to look at, no fucking surprises like with the second one:-)

aah man that's the exact reaction i wanted! XD She's since been redesigned into the girl near the bottom of the post, the one sat down. But need to do a gorey one of her too! :P

I need to start using this site more often! >_<
Anyway, here is new stuff:

[Image: smallres_zps83fc36a0.jpg]

[Image: SmallRes_zps42d36db4.jpg]

[Image: LisaOfTheDeadSmallRes_zpsc5ba83a2.jpg]

[Image: BugHuntSmallRes_zps99096857.jpg]

[Image: CyberGirl2_zps67aa6e29.jpg]