My current portfolio...
So...i have little idea about what needs mentioning in the portfolio, personal bio etc...and also whether these pieces are really worthy or not.
the portfolio is here http://eztarg8.cleanfolio.com
but if its a nuisance looking at the link I can upload the pics direct to here...

But some feedback would be really appreciated,
syria07.jpg, Clean up and a Touch of chaos are your least successful images. I suspect they also are the oldest. The others have good things going for them and other stuff that's less successful, but they are generally better. It would take a long time to crit them all, maybe you can choose the one that you think is best or that shows the direction your want to take and post it here for a more in depth crit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to work on a few more fantasy paintings (as opposed to fantasy scifi) and a few more portraits, I guess all the remaining i'd like feed back on, but i think the weakest are these 2 Fenrisian smile, and Ravenguard, and the strongest one is the battle scene, but i've been told its even more important to get crit on what you think is strongest so I've added that as well. The clown has some issues with the cheek, and back line/shoulder, so i'll try and fix that, and the creature, a few sharper lines to the carapace at the top...i went a little over board with soft edges on it XD. Cheekily, do you have any suggestions for what's missing..I would like to produce a broad ish spread of art, cover all bases so to speak. Again thank you, I've now removed the weakest paintings

eeugh, muppet here misread your request XD just a crit on the battle scene lol sorry, still half asleep
If you can, make the "home" page your actual gallery so it's straight to the point, your work, and how to contact you.

Livestream Crits/Paintovers: www.twitch.tv/mike086
Loomis Study videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mike086

My Facebook page: MCIII
think i can do that. not sure with the DA free folio layout. but i'll change that now if i can. Thanks :) slightly perturbed as i'm not working working at the moment, or ever as an artist, my cv is all bike related or IT/office assistant related
Hey dude, I had a quick look, and I think I may even do a quick paintover on one or two of your pieces. In general though, I actually think the battle scene is one of your weaker pieces, because while individual things are rendered quite tightly, overall as a comp it is lacking a bit of dynamism to it. There is a lot of stuff going on but it doesn't feel like there is movement. The other thing about it is that it is rendered tightly almost everywhere except the background, which does make a lot of things compete with eachother. I'd probably take it down if it were my folio.
Actually I just saw something come through on my facebook feed by KJ Kallio, that really highlights what large battle comps should look like! This is his rough, but it already has everything in there, just no rendering yet. Every single shape and line that make up character is for a specific purpose in the comp, and he's really implied movement. [Image: 884492_4729548524877_4892330_o.jpg]

I think your strongest piece is the clown portrait by leaps and bounds. It shows subtlety in lighting edge control, detail variation, expression and all sorts of good things. The only thing I can see is the top of his head could be shown to "wrap around" a bit more to show the volume. Just softer edges to imply a bit of depth I guess.
I actually like the left side of Fenrisian smile a lot. As a composition however it doesn't work because you have basically created two separate illustrations and plonked them side by side on a canvas. You could cut this straight down the middle and get two separate pieces. In fact I'd actually suggest you do this, and only work on the left figure as a standalone. Maybe extend the canvas a bit to add some context or zoom right in but do a nice beauty pass of highlights and make sure perspective is right etc. This could be a cool piece. The other figure is flat on, not in a dynamic pose, I'd leave that by the wayside.

I may see if I can paintover to show you what I mean for some fun. Also who cares what's on your cv..your folio is all that counts!! Hope that's useful :)

ok did that paintover...but for your marine kneeling piece. I lowered contrast and saturation in the shadow areas first, then did a colour balance to make the fire/smoke warm to counteract all the blue. The face was a bit too graphic and needed some form and some colour variation. You used predominantly blue so I warmed him up a bit but accentuated the cool shadows. The eyes were a bit strange, I didn't fix them as I wanted, but maybe a bit more realistic. To counteract your tendency to detail absolutely everywhere, I lowered the contrast and blurred everything outside the chest and face area, to give it some focus and depth of field, may have gone a little far but you can play with that as you like. I shadowed his figure on the ground as well as cast shadows from the shoulder pieces on his face and chest (though went a bit far and lost his neck area) I also upped the saturation in the focal area. Could do with some poppy highlights here and there but I think those are quick things to do and I painted almost nothing. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Wow, I see what you mean with the battle scene, I'll have to try and figure out how to capture that dynamism, I struggle with simplifying form, so its something i need to work on XD
Neat paintover, really appreciate that, Yeah, the eyes were awkward, as they're meant to be jet black instead of whites, so i tried to represent the direction he was looking in with the specular highlights...didn't quite work.
Thank you for taking the time over this. really kind of you
http://www.livestream.com/mciii

Gave you a review last night, find it in my live stream.

Livestream Crits/Paintovers: www.twitch.tv/mike086
Loomis Study videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mike086

My Facebook page: MCIII
Hi Mike, just watched it, thank you as well. looks like i've got a fair bit of editing to do XD thanks for taking the time to stream that, it was very interesting seeing the sections i need to tweak...redo. will be watching that again to get the points sunk in :)