Help me with this sketch(size problem)
Hi, I am just started this sketch I want that monster to be giant. When I tried to increase the size of monster, it's not looking good. How can I make it big in this scene? please help me......!

Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

I would suggest restarting the sketch and thinking about the type of perspective and angle you would use (type of shot) to best portray the monster as giant, and make the composition more interesting. Most probably the use of a low horizon would help so that we are looking up at the main head. Do some rough thumbnails first and play with the perspective, horizon and angle, that way you get a feel for what the finished image will look like without committing to the first one and trying to polish something that just isn't working.

Also you have parts of temples in your image, use these to create scale, make them much smaller than the monster, and you could also add in a human to create another sense of the scale of a huge monster.

What Jonahop said. Start thumbnailing before you start drawing the final thing and guessing along. It will save you time and your sanity.

And when you thumbnail, I mean really do alot to really hammer out ideas and ways to approach them. Don't take it easy and do only 3 or 5. You should be doing 20 to really push your images and find the best idea you can come up with.

Here's a great little article on thumbnailing you should read.

http://muddycolors.blogspot.ca/2012/10/c...nails.html

There are a few obvious ways to make a monster look big in an image, and that's through comparing the monster's size to something the audience can quickly understand. The easiest way is by comparing the monster to an average human. The second you add at least one visible human in the image, we know how big the monster is.

Another, more subjective way that involves the viewer is by having the image simulate being in front of the monster itself. Put us into the action instead of just letting us observe it. If this creature would tower over the average human, we'll be seeing it at a very low angle.

Given your subject I've suddenly got Magic the Gathering on the brain (they're doing Greek mythology right now). I'll post a few cards to show how the artists on the game approach the problem of showing how big a monster is supposed to be. There's more than one way to do it, but you'll notice how common it is to compare the monster to something else to get that sense of scale.

Lar Grant-West's illustration for Stoneshock Giant as well as Daarken's Nessian Demolok are good examples of how you'll reevaluate the size of a creature once you notice how big it is to something else.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
In addition to the others good advice, using atmospheric perspective is really key in implying scale. There is more atmosphere between the viewer and things in the distance. The bigger something is the further away parts of it are from you, the more you need to show this atmosphere. General rule is less contrast, cooler hues, less saturation the further you go.

And if you are stumbling with your specific illustration, finding that one perfect reference is better than a 100 soso ones because it helps you focus. I believe Master Jaime can help you with this one. And really study the reference....I mean just take 10 minutes and look at it in as high a res as you can, study the brushwork, the edges, the palette. Notice things that suggest how it was painted. This will help you more when you start painting, than just quickly jumping in and trying to emulate what you see. It's really surprising how even when we look at something to study, we don't often really look and understand!!

[Image: tumblr_mgjoke7yUJ1rv5690o1_1280.jpg]

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Like what's been said already, so adding something we recognize and kind of know the size of to contrast and show the titanic size of the monster. Maybe a shark swimming past the monster, but make the shark pretty small to show how big the monster is. Or a sunk ship, and make the ship small. Sunk submarine, even.

Focus.