Hello!
Hello! I'm new here and I joined this forum because I wanted to join conceptartorg but was told to steer clear of it. And someone recommended me this forum instead.
Anyway, a little info about myself: 
  • I'm a senior in high school
  • I plan on majoring in entertainment design and game design
  • I plan on going to SCAD and hopefully Feng Zhu School of Design
  • I aspire to be a concept artist for video games
  • Video games are a huge part of my life (Some of my favs are Majora's Mask, Sly Cooper, Kingdom Hearts, Super Smash Bros)
  • I'm primarily a traditional artist as I don't have the funds to buy a tablet or photoshop
I'm also very open to art partners and collaborations and I love meeting new art friends. So, that's me. I'm hoping to be more motivated by joining this forum and improve my art.
Hey quarkwolf, welcome to the Daggers!

The best way to get started in the community is generally to check out what people are doing in the sketchbook section, leave feedback on their threads and start one of your own. Anything you're working on will do, sketches, studies, work in progress, it doesn't have to be fancy, finished or your best.

Being a traditional artist is fine, especially in the beginning, you don't need anything other than a pencil and paper to learn, but I'd still like to say that a decent tablet doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg, you can even get used ones - and it doesn't have to be Photoshop either, there are several cheaper programs out there that are still very good (Manga Studio 5 and Paint Tool Sai are both great for painting and better for lineart than photoshop, there's also some other more sketching-centered ones) and there's even some free programs (Krita, Gimp).

Hey quark!

Welcome and I hope you're kicking ass on the forums with studies and posts!

And I agree with Olooriel, traditional is great and working on digital for freelance professional work is definitely the way to go. Lots of good content adn tutorials and materials out there for getting better on digital platforms.

Take care and all the best!
Hey quark! How's it goin'?

Welcome to the Daggers!

It's wonderful that you have your goals set (and at such a young age as well!)

Oh believe me, a pencil and copy paper is all you need in your arsenal to improve at art <3 once you're kicking ass and chewing bubble gum with trad media, digital will feel breezy (after the whole getting used to phase)

So yeah, welcome to CD, I hope you enjoy your stay, any questions or anything, I'm a PM away, I'm happy to help!

I'll be sure to check out your sketchbook soon :)

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all