Crimson Daggers — Art forum
BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: TOURNAMENTS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-71.html)
+--- Forum: THE CRIMSON CRUCIBLE (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-72.html)
+---- Forum: BLOODSPORTS FINALS/WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+----- Forum: BLOODSPORTS WIPS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+----- Thread: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! (/thread-2643.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - MAXMotionless - 03-29-2013

Hey guys,

some sketches from me and my idea!

I will post my idea and whole story behind it later!
But it`s all under the name "sickness and Plague"

character idea

skull sketch

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - la1uc - 03-29-2013

What up dudes and dudettes?! All doing amazing work. Keep going, keep pushing !!!! Punch

I really should find better refs but nevertheless!! Here are some leather armor studies AND finally (yet still sketchy) character/creature sheet! Super fun! Character/Creature will probably change during the painting process but still here's a general direction I'm going to take. I might make the beast more animal like (meaning quadruped) Let's just wait and see. Next I'll probably start working on final composition and well...painting :D loads of fun ahead!!! Lovin every minute of this!
[Image: tumblr_mkehyarpD01rlavnuo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mkehyarpD01rlavnuo2_1280.jpg]

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Scorpion451 - 03-29-2013

So I've been busy...
I decided to go with the fire salamander variant of my alchemist, (thanks to those who chimed in with opinions!) and I'm digging how he's shaping up so far. My reference/inspiration sheet for this one is a keeper, too. ^_^
[Image: SalamanderReference.png]
[Image: SalamanderBeastformpart3PresenatableVersion.png]
I'm beginning to realize I have an extremely ADD way of working compared to most people- I just sort of cram things into whatever page I happen to be on at the moment as ideas come to me, when I'm deep into a project. Never really struck me as odd until now, when I'm having to get things arranged nice and pretty when I have six different types of prepwork on one page, and they share thumbnails. XD
[Image: RevisionsPart3.png]

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - wayfar - 03-29-2013

Couple studies for the vulture man warrior guy.

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Victor Quaresma - 03-29-2013

@Danar- I would go with the top middle one, very powerful pose!

Hey guys, another update on mine, finished the designs, but I couldn't avoid the struggle on the boy character D= , so I couldn't get the comps sketches done yet, I've got a few at my sketchbook but it's nothing serious yet.

So here are the actual kids and their animal counterparts. Feel free to critique and comment on it =)

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Jmob - 03-29-2013

just thought to just take a look in here and see what everyone is doing... and I'm impressed. I'm especially impressed with Victor's design choices and take on this challenge. Keep going guys! very impressed.

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Forrestimel - 03-29-2013

woop woop

I feel like my design of the creature and character are a little bland so I'll probably experiment with some various things to make it a little more memorable and unique :P

Super awesome work from everyone so far. Bastards... making me wanna work harder.

[Image: 7cdc47c8e2ba77a5f7238fe3c3e4ac9b.png]

[Image: 5bf19a30d0d1598590baf89c51701172.png]

[Image: 6fc451584b49dcc9c6a6245cec4d9805.png]

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Veer - 03-29-2013

Hello everybody! This is my first EVER participation in Bloodsports and I'm really happy. I've seen a lot of great work in this thread and it's really a shame that i discovered it a little late. So this time, I'm really in for the trip, but i don't think that i have time to end it whit an illustration. So, my concept is for a spider-beast. It's pretty simple, the guy is a big fan o arachnids and likes to be one from time to time. When he's out jousting, he wears the spider on his armor. When he's out, feasting, he is the spider :)
Here are some armor concepts. I'll post the rough sketches and explorations later (i do a lot of drafting on paper).

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Royugang - 03-30-2013

Hello Everybody,

Here is my progress for my entry in bloodsports 14. Its my version of a Filipino mythical creature called "Bakunawa" or sea serpent dragon. It is said, to be the cause of eclipses.

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Leyth - 03-30-2013

Hey this is my first post here^^

it seems like a great way to push myself to do some studies...

Glad to see you here Danar ^^i think this is the place for what we were talking about ^^ ..i like the middle sketch of the first line by the way the silhouette is easily readable and have some mouvement on it ^^

Victor Quaresma... really cool design !that is kind of what i'm thinking about ^^

SO... I was thinking of a kind of rabbit kid ..so here are some rabbit studies to start with..

Really cool stuff! here good luck everyone !^^

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - sixspade - 03-30-2013

First of all, sweet stuff guys! This is going to be great, can't wait to see them all finnished!

@Victor Quaresma: crazy designs on those fennec fox armors, really cool!
@Forrestimel: love the mood and lighting man

I did a few more studies for my crazy scottish shapeshifter, I think i'll go with number 2 for the most part as I want him to be more barbaric rather than spiritual.

[Image: warriorconcept2_zps8672f9ab.jpg]

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Lloyken - 03-30-2013

A little update on my piece and a couple of study.

[attachment=18638]

[attachment=18639]

[attachment=18640]

[attachment=18641]

[attachment=18642]

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - EduardoGaray - 03-30-2013

The challenge is hot! great work guys.

Here is my idea, a macedonian warrior and flame wizard from the times of Alexander the great.

Human form:

Awakened form:

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - johny - 03-30-2013

some studys hope i can finish it in time to participate in the contest!

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - NemanjaS - 03-30-2013

Hey guys .Everybody is rocking this! Making some progress on this my self . I just need to do a few concept for his weapon and then on to composition thumbs. I'm pretty sure it's going to be some kind of club or a mallet. Would love to hear your thoughts on choosing a concept for finals. Right now my favorites are the first ones.

[Image: beast+form.jpg]

[Image: armor+human.jpg]

[Image: beast+armor.jpg]

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Mantas - 03-30-2013

Hey Dan! I hope this is the right place.

So here is the question:

In requirements it says: - MUST be DESIGNED as a set of VERTICAL CARD ILLUSTRATIONS.
Can you clarify for me so I don't get it wrong?...

1. Is it to be for a vertical card like this? : http://www.roleplayingtips.com/images/issue-472-item-cards.jpg so the illustration has to be somewhat horizontal?

2. Or does the illustration have to be vertical in itself like this? : http://coolvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Fantasy-Art-Remko-Troost-Iracnory-Last-Female-Dragon.jpg

I look forward to the anwser

Thanks

-Mantas

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Amit Dutta - 03-30-2013

@victor: just terrific design. That's it.
@scorpion451: There are some cool textures in that ref, keen to see how they come through on your creature. The design of the human form doesn't really have much "armour" as yet, just a trenchcoat. That was one part of the brief, so maybe bring in some protective elements into your design?
@ sixspade: cool iterations, I'd say watch the proportionos of the figures...they seem a little top heavy
@ royugang: Congrats on BS13 man! Nice comps..I can see a couple of tangents with the moon on the second illo, she looks like she's about to eat it...(which could be cool haha)
@namanjas: Those look really nice dude. I think I prefer the first from left for the dude; the headpiece from 1, and body armour from 2 for the Rhino.
@eduardo: nice dynamic comps, immediately reads as card art. As the creature is a level up I feel I want to see a bit more power inherent in the pose than in the human form...maybe a little bit more crouched ready for action kinda thing? Just a thought.

Keep pushing it everyone! :D

Still noodling on the armour design so did a few more. I haven't really done characters much at all so I guess I'm slow at nailing design :/ Let me know if you like any for whatever reason. Probably also procrastinating from actually starting or something. sigh

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - mateusrocha - 03-30-2013

second one Mantas. This challenge is based on applibot Legend of the Cryptids, which all have a vertical setup.

seriously guys. amazing work (: I'm really pumped, can't wait to get my hands on my tablet and work again!!

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - Leyth - 03-30-2013

Now here are some thumbs for the human form

RE: BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters! - la1uc - 03-30-2013

Hey guys...I'll make it quick - super tired. Need to get a goodnight sleep.

Studies:
[Image: tumblr_mkg5neN1671rlavnuo2_1280.jpg]

More work on compositions:
[Image: tumblr_mkg5neN1671rlavnuo1_1280.jpg]