Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Madzia's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Madzia's sketchbook (/thread-3346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 06-26-2013

At last! My own sketchbook. Since I joined to CD I didn't have much time for studies and own works cuz of bunch of commissions, but it slowed down and hopefully I will be able get back to daily sketches.
Here's few "breaks from work" from last two weeks I made of pure fun :D
[Image: tumblr_mot71bb2Hl1rw215do2_1280.png]

[Image: tumblr_mot71bb2Hl1rw215do3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mot71bb2Hl1rw215do1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mogacrtaKj1rw215do2_r1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mogacrtaKj1rw215do4_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mogacrtaKj1rw215do3_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_mogacrtaKj1rw215do1_1280.png]

And here's something I'm currently working on

Work in progress. It's fantasy hairdresser character. I'm still not satisfied with her face, it's too playboy-star-like. Need to try it different.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 06-26-2013

it emerges! Nice studies!

The dresses are wonderful.

Yeah something about that last face looks a bit plastic surgery like. It's probably got to do with the super pointy chin mixed with the high cheekbones. It's a cool idea though!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 06-26-2013

Added colors and I kinda start to like her bitchy look actually. somehow she remind me Black Widow from Avengers movie xD We will see how this turn out later...

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Wretched - 06-26-2013

I would totally let her cut my hair ;D

Good looking studies. Would like to see more imagination work.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Wils - 06-26-2013

Hey, just checked out your blog, seriously cool stuff, i really enjoy your cartoony style and use of color. Keep that up.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 06-29-2013

work work...

I thought it might be funny to show composition sketches I made at the beginning :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - anzhou - 06-29-2013

Those composition sketches are cool Madzia. The rendering on the hawtie hairdresser is coming along real nice, hope to see it finished soon :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Inkling - 06-29-2013

Man i love your stuff so much. I checked out your blog too. Amazing colors and wow the fringe on that blue dress. Don't really know what to critique. Post moar.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Ron - 07-03-2013

Great Paintings on your blog. There so bright and "contrasty" Like cartoon style with an edge

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 07-04-2013

anzhou, Inkling, Ron - thanks a lot!

I've been soo busy lately, helping my bf with items to DOTA2 shop, textures still need corrections but I at least finished marketing banner for shop :D few steps included. I needed to learn attaching bones and setting weight to 3d model in Blender before posing character xD new skill unlocked!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - DoubleThink - 07-04-2013

That's a great illustration!
I'd maybe blur out the right side of the image a bit. Kill your darlings for the greater good :-) Sweet rendering though.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 05:57 AM)DoubleThink Wrote: I'd maybe blur out the right side of the image a bit. Kill your darlings for the greater good :-) Sweet rendering though.

great idea! Right side will be partly covered with youtube window so blurring it would help overall :D

I couldn't resist to draw this, I specially bought mirror today to start practicing autoportaits (I still felling like vain woman staring into mirror xD) ~1h and i'm going back to texturing
[Image: tumblr_mpdn1qYAgu1rw215do1_500.png]

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Damien Levs - 07-04-2013

Madzia, I love your style. Really like the girl in post 6 with the scissors. I'm really glad you showed your thumbs for that image. It's always nice seeing the ideas behind the image and how simple they are "allowed" to be.

Have you tried overlaying texture images to your paintings? I think doing so would really make them pop!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - smrr - 07-04-2013

Aaaaah wow! Your blog is so fun to scroll through!
I've always loved that cartoony style

Yep , dat hairdresser and demon chic are awesome!
Can't wait to see more :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 07-04-2013

Killin it with the dota pic, as well as the selfie :)!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 07-09-2013

This break for Succubus was great for Hairdresser illustration, I have spotted many errors and corrected them but disadvantage is that I'm a little bit tired of it. I'm not use to make a breaks from one illustration, hope I will find more motivation for it soon.

Meanwhile I want to master sci-fi. Don't kinda know where to start. I'm guessing modern fashion will be good :p
[Image: tumblr_mpmzjpVJdL1rw215do1_1280.png]

Almost forgot! Sill life:
[Image: tumblr_mpn0c0xeJM1rw215do1_1280.jpg]

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 07-15-2013

more still life
[Image: tumblr_mporj3rJ9Y1rw215do1_500.jpg]

And my first serious attempt in sci-fi. His design is rubbish I know xD
[Image: tumblr_mpxu8fQRXi1rw215do1_1280.png]

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - EduardoGaray - 07-19-2013

pacific rim? :) Science fiction is something i want to get into myself so i will be watching your progress haha. Are you interested more in "space fantasy" like star wars or mass effect? or something more realistic?
Also, the girl in the hairdresser illustration is looking really good, you can let it rest for a while and come back later.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 07-21-2013

(07-19-2013, 01:17 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: pacific rim? :) Science fiction is something i want to get into myself so i will be watching your progress haha. Are you interested more in "space fantasy" like star wars or mass effect? or something more realistic?
Luckily it was done before i watched Pacific Rim :D (I enjoyed the movie a lot!) I'm shooting for something around Mass Effect but still I'm not that deep in it to distinguish types enough :D

Bought this week Guns encyclopedia by Martin Dougherty, awesome book. Really comprehensive. It's of course a part of my sci-fi training but couldn't help my selft to draw flintlock pistol for fun :)
[Image: tumblr_mq8i4jA8k11rw215do1_1280.png]

some fashion designs from memory:
[Image: tumblr_mq8i3eIiV91rw215do1_1280.png]

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Budgie - 07-21-2013

Oh wow! Neat stuff!
This site could be great for fashion ref, lots of stuff, even though it's so hipster it hurts :p
Enough scrolling will surely bring you unusual looking fashion (:
http://lookbook.nu/