Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Madzia's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Madzia's sketchbook (/thread-3346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 02-24-2014

I always love seeing your updates! Super awesome :).

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 02-27-2014

gchong I would love to work for Valve but unfortunately, no. It's just voluntary illustrations for community workshop :)

DoubleThink ♫♪ hey yo hey yo hey yo hey yo ♫♪

Mannyhaatz Thanks! I'm trying to have as much fun with them as it's possible :D

Samszym You're next person who is saying how oils are unrewarding. I wonder cuz I was painting oils back in school days and I have good memories about them. I don't know if I made good decision about picking acrylis. I would like to paint alla prima than applying many layers of thin paint...

OtherMuzz thanks man! :D

new wave of 15min speedarts:

I finally started drawing classes with model. So awesome to draw from life! (sorry for quality, looks like my lens is bluring at the edges of the picture...)

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - razvanb08 - 02-27-2014

Wonderfull sketchbook, those figure drawings are looking good.
Keep it up!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 02-28-2014

working with limited pallet on portraits. Thanks to René Aigner for tip with Reilly abstraction!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 02-28-2014

Oooh LOVE this faces, oh my <3

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Warburton - 03-01-2014

Holy crap, those portraits are amazing! Thanks for sharing the process of them too <3

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - OtherMuzz - 03-01-2014

Yes! those are really amazing.

What is that facial construction style? i've seen it around before and it seems really effective?

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 03-02-2014

Hey OtherMuzz it's Reilly abstraction. The best resource I found is here (inside head4.pdf):
http://www.deadoftheday.blogspot.de/p/downloads.html
It looks like a lot artists have their own interpretation of it. I meet with this idea in many books but in pure form is most efficient ;)

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Matthias Kinnigkeit - 03-02-2014

Nice portraits! In generall your latest sketches and studies are pretty nice! The fisherman from post 72 is great! :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 03-03-2014

Adding one promo made for prolonged set for DOTA character (I still have to make textures before posting in workshop) I had a looot of time to detail it correctly

and a fresh work, started yesterday, finished today.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Warburton - 03-05-2014

I think I might be a bit in love with your painting style :p These latest pieces are looking goooood.

Only thing I can think to point out is on the top one, her dagger/sword looks a tad warped in perspective, with the angle of her body and the highlights on the blade. It feels like it should be pointing slightly towards us but comes across as a bit flat.

Can't wait to see more updates!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - eru - 03-06-2014

you are a master painter please show us how you made this from bottom and up, or what tutorials did you learn from . I mean from a simple sketch to intense rendering, your so good :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 03-08-2014

more speed paintings, some studies, and introduction to Child of Zeus! If you somehow missed this thread in COMMUNITY CHALLENGES You have to check it right now! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4845.html

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - rafa zanchetin - 03-08-2014

Damn! I'm not much into DOTA but those 2 pieces are awesome, as are all your head studies. Keep rocking!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 03-08-2014

Thanks rafa zanchetin!
progress for the child of Zeus

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Jaik - 03-09-2014

Nice updates. looking really good. Can't believe I didnt see the crimson arena thing until just now -___-

Think I will definitely get in on this at some point.

A couple of those smiles in the studies are creepy as hell, not sure why, they just scare me.. The entry itself is looking great though :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 03-11-2014

I came to the realization how much I hate working with cool light so this will be my next assignment, until I will understand how cool light are exactly working and how make them appealing.
20min each study. Does anybody already discovered time machine? I need more hours in a day 24 is not enough :)

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Pictomancer - 03-11-2014

Amazing sketchbook!

The wing chains on QoP was a really nice touch, and loving the Subsurface light and head studies.

Your grasp on light and color is amazing. I need to remind myself to try and avoid using pure blacks or whites when working with color.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - pnate - 03-12-2014

You are just killing it! Can't wait to see your finished piece for the new bloodsports

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 03-12-2014

Pictomancer thanks a lot! yeah avoiding black and white is really important to bring vibrancy to colors, but from other side I suck at painting with grays :D it's like next level of advancement.

pnate thanks! I will try to not disappoint you (and myself) with Crimson Arena!

Autoportrait with cool light. Gosh, cool light on skin is mind bending, but I can almost feel the grasp on it...