Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Madzia's sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Madzia's sketchbook (/thread-3346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - LongJh - 04-24-2014

I totally get what you mean by "drawing everyday but without control" - happens to me a lot. Like you're drawing and studying random stuff then you look back and you have no idea what you just did or if you learned anything at all (at least, that's what it feels like to me)

Anyway - your works are great! Really nice style and colours (and those screencap studies!) Don't be too hard on yourself, it's great to be motivated and have a goal to achieve something but don't let it get to you. You're doing a darn good job already (with a schedule and everything!)

Have a good break! Hope to see more of the good stuff!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - aks9 - 05-14-2014

awesome work Madzia!
it's always interesting to see people's schedules. I'm always making them but they never seem to be practical enough to follow, but i think it's great when people can.
I can't wait to see how you end up painting that miniature!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 06-22-2014

hey. I had small break in social media, I'm struggling with huge art block/depression/never-mind--just-don't-give-up mood, couldn't find "myself"in my work bla bla thinks I hate to focus on, contemplating art for art sake. Keeping the schedule helped me a lot. I was experimenting much with digital media, trying out many techniques to find the one I feel fits me the most. Some times ago I started working more in traditional media, I was complaining a lot at the beginning, but I found way to translate it to digital and understand painting much better :) Few my last finished works are horrible but how the Art&Fear predicts :

"Look at your work and it tells you how it is when you hold back or when you embrace. When you are lazy, your art is lazy; when you hold back, your art holds back; when you hesitate, it stands there staring, hands in its pockets. But when you commit, it comes on like a blaze."- Art and Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland

The digital media complicates individual art grow, simply because you can do everything and too much options can be a source of painful headache. Especially if you have same approach as me "I just like everything, so I want to be able to paint everything". And here steps in matters like design and individual brush marks, personal color preferences. And even if I am sure I'm doing something different, all my art are somehow connected. The rules that you break only because your intuition says "I like it this way much more" is the style worth spotting and cherishing. You can't force it, you can't fake it, but you can trust it when it speaks to you :)

wooo sorry for long post :D in reward here are some images

[Image: tumblr_n7jenl4bdw1rw215do1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n6nxt69KBj1rw215do1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n6put4PjVy1rw215do1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n6z30buEQE1rw215do1_1280.jpg]

aww yeah i forget i could show additionally grayscales studies for Stephen King's It. I listen lot of horror audiobooks lately, maybe I will paint more creepy illustrations :)

[Image: tumblr_n7jeipkArl1rw215do1_1280.jpg]

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 06-22-2014

Oooh so nice reading this.
Love the updates - and it's always comforting to see someone you look up to struggling with similar issues. Glad you found your way! keep rocking it :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 06-22-2014

(06-22-2014, 11:20 PM)Mariyan-Hristov Wrote: I love your stuff, I saw your "IT" illustration on facebook early this morning :)

hehe "early this morning" was late night yesterday for me :D thanks for visiting!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - pnate - 06-24-2014

Yesss, I missed your updates! Loving your colors as always (and Cow and Chicken). That quote is so great I might have to pick up that book. Another good one is Steven Pressfield's The War of Art, if you haven't read that one yet. I listen to the audiobook sometimes and it's full of great stuff about art block and maintaining schedule. Anyways, hope those wisdom nuggets keep coming as you explore, it's good to see :) Also, they float. They all float.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Cyprinus - 06-24-2014

I think I never commented on your sketchbook before (shame on me) but I had it in my subscriptions to never miss an update. I'm also very happy to see your new work! (:

Your colours are really amazing, that IT artwork is great, it has a really good atmosphere. I especially dig the leaves and the light there.
Great quote also, I really liked the "Art and Fear" book, also the part about perfection. Can only agree with pnate, please keep sharing (:

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - KurtJeremy - 06-25-2014

so much delightful colors. my eyes are puking rainbows right now....
where did you learn this? practice this?

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Doolio - 06-25-2014

I'll just join the "colors" choir:)

And I must add that I find your linework/painterly coloring combinations amazing:)

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - smrr - 06-25-2014

And reward us you did!
awesome update!!

very cool fan art pieces, devil dude from cow & chicken brings back memories, Pennywise however... terrible ones :D

Anyways keep kicking dat butt woo!

P.s. My god we think very much alike o___o Not to sound like a creeper, but I was going through the same problem, read the same book, same quote, got off social media, took time for myself and have come back better than ever

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 06-25-2014

Oh guys! thank you all so much, so great to have you all! I feel here like in home. Do we all run away from some distant planet and found the only place on earth to speak with no fear to be wrongly judge ? :) <3 love you so much!

@Ursula Dorada thanks :)

@pnate yes! I know the Steven Pressfield's The War of Art but found it a little bit too esoteric. Art&Fear speaks better to my logical brain ;) But thanks for recommendation! anything to rise motivation ~!

@Cyprinus thank! I had lot of fun working in mostly gray palette on It/Pennywise illustration, something what I wanted to learn myself for some time

@foxfire1345 color choices are so hard to explain because mixing them is mostly an intuitive process, based on emotions and how something feels. Object feel more red or more blue, they are always in relation to environment. I read so much stuff about colors and color theory, the best 3 books that I can recommend is "Creative Illustration" by Andrew Loomis, Color and light by James Gurney and Color Notation By Munsell *(it's on Gutenberg, 4 first chapters is enough to read http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26054 ), But most of all paint, paint and paint, don't be afraid to use colors :)

@Doolio thank you ^_^

@smrrfette this is crazy how all artist are alike. Struggling with same fears and same problems, same not easy road to go, hard to find comforting zone only stubbornest keeping us alive :D

more Promo images for DOTA2, i was waiting for publishing the set before showing off
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=275622791

[Image: tumblr_n7pz9vGgCl1rw215do1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n7pz9vGgCl1rw215do2_1280.jpg]

Daemon is repainted 3d model to speed up process :)

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - rafa zanchetin - 06-26-2014

Dayum, I wasn't able to check the forums for awhile but ffs your work is even awesomer.

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - PacaTatuCotiaNao - 06-26-2014

Amazing Work! And you had a HUGE evolution in a year. Keep on inspiring us!

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - BjorkJT - 06-26-2014

Aw man, your stuff looks awesome! Really love your choice of colours <3
Keep it up !

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Samszym - 06-27-2014

Really glad to see some posts form you again! Loving the colors as always :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Adam Lina - 06-27-2014

whaaa? HOW DO YOU DO IT!? My mind is blown...

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Jaik - 06-29-2014

Ohh man. Thats really nice. I don't even.. Well... I got nothing.. Keep doing what you are doing :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Madzia - 12-15-2014

Awww shieet... I didn't update for last 3 months lol how did that even happened hmm...In october I had marathon of art events, was in Berlin for Schoolism and I've got portfolio review from Bobby Chiu :D !<3 That was pretty sweet, he gave me few very good tips. And week after that I had interview with Disney also to review my portfolio and again I've got tone of awesome advice! but for november I already had planed commission for Dota pro player S4 so I stuck with DOTA works for next month.... and also I moved to different project in my office work! I'm working now as concept artist <3 hah it actually sounds like i was doing something, still it feels like i was just laying and watching spongebob whole day if I don't have any works to show. Why am I so harsh for myself? You guys also have this?

It's end of the 2014 year, time to make summary and new year resolution! This year was very busy and very very productive. The number one exercise this year was learning watercolors, and painting outdoors! Priceless lesson! and resolution for next year ? more outdoor painting!

I'm planning long break in art for Christmas. 3 weeks! :D Just me, family, few books, nintendo 3ds and a lot of food xd so here's some stuff I was doing all this time. I'm currently working a lot in photoshop cuz in work I'm using it more often and I want to work smother with it.

[Image: tumblr_ndlyslRSSn1rw215do1_1280.jpg]
↑Painter

[Image: tumblr_ndfbnwdUJZ1rw215do1_1280.jpg]↑Painter

[Image: tumblr_ncv99ot0v31rw215do1_1280.png]
↑Clip Studio

[Image: 7F138E74B63A298370A6898848B4319C32392BBA]↑Painter

[Image: tumblr_nfv4mcQ9zs1rw215do1_1280.jpg]
↑Photoshop

[Image: tumblr_ng85t2NO761rw215do1_1280.jpg]
↑Photoshop

[Image: tumblr_ngjnimYN791rw215do1_1280.jpg]
↑Photoshop

[Image: tumblr_ngl6d4fJUR1rw215do1_1280.jpg]↑Photoshop

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Ursula Dorada - 12-15-2014

Been loving the updates on facebook! Love the painterly feel this last ones have. Keep it up!

And don't worry, I totally understand when we need to stop updating public outlets because we are too busy o.o Keep pushing and grats on the new position! :D

RE: Madzia's sketchbook - Farvus - 12-15-2014

Hey. I think I'm first time in this sketchbook. You got some fantastic colors and designs. Judging by the things you did this year you don't need to be harsh on yourself. You can be proud of yourself instead :).
Break from art sounds like a good move. You can still write down ideas for drawings and execute them after the break.

PS. Nickname and Janosik study suggests that you're from Poland. If that's the case then pozdrawiam z Gdańska :P.