Crimson Daggers — Art forum
vymnis sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: vymnis sketchbook (/thread-5214.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 09-07-2014

been really busy with school as of late so when i get home i just want to draw and not worry about uploading things. which means ill be uploading all of the work i do throughout the week in one sitting rather than daily. still doing the same amount of work just uploading less :/

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 09-15-2014

the stuff from this week

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 09-22-2014

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 09-30-2014

bit of a hellish week but still tried to draw as much as i could.

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 10-07-2014

if i could get my hands on a decent scanner i could upload my other work as well... ah well :/

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 10-20-2014

slipped my mind to upload last week >_< killing myself trying to draw as much as rzanchetin im probably just not efficient enough to yet :T

forgot this one >_<

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 10-27-2014

week 8

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 11-04-2014

if anyone has some advice on how to paint clouds i'de really appreciate it. i just can't seem to grasp them. they're so random and chaotic even rubble has a sort of pattern you can follow.

week 9 stuff

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 11-13-2014

took way to long on the speedpaints but pretty satisfied with the efficiency of the main project

RE: vymnis sketchbook - Adam Lina - 11-13-2014

Clouds do have patterns actually if you look at the different types of clouds. Cumulus clouds for instance are flat on the bottom and puffed up on top like a mushroom top. It might help to look up types of clouds and decide what kind of weather you're going for. Your figures look very nice by the way :)

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 11-26-2014

(11-13-2014, 04:27 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Clouds do have patterns actually if you look at the different types of clouds. Cumulus clouds for instance are flat on the bottom and puffed up on top like a mushroom top. It might help to look up types of clouds and decide what kind of weather you're going for. Your figures look very nice by the way :)

Thanks for the advice! ill try to do some studies this week on clouds based on there types :). i also realize almost everything has a pattern i just meant i have a hard time seeing it >_<. thank you for the compliment :D!

last weeks stuffs

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 12-02-2014

did some cloud studies and what not but im noticing my efficiency really needs some work. some of the "speed" paintings took 6+ hours lol. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment=60644]

RE: vymnis sketchbook - vymnis - 12-30-2014

sorry feeling a little lazy and wanna get started on my studies for the day so all my studies from last week are in consolidated form

RE: vymnis sketchbook - HarbingerofIllRepute - 12-30-2014

I'd say your stuff is pretty solid.

You're pretty consistent with your studies and you're not afraid to delve into some very ambitious territory. One thing I see in your work is that you like to show a lot of detail, sometimes to the detriment of an image. I think your work could be further improved if you focused some of your studies towards edge control and composition.

http://idrawgirls.com/tutorials/2011/11/01/three-important-rules-for-painting/
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/principles-of-design-introduction
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/lost-edges

I'm sure there are better resources out there, but these are a few good ones I've picked up a while back.