Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Motato's Journal - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Motato's Journal (/thread-8176.html)

Motato's Journal - Alberto - 02-16-2017

Hello people of Crimson Daggers, I don't remember if I created a SB here before and I could find it, so I'm starting one. I's very happy to join your community and become a better illustrator.

Here are some of the last head studies I did.

You guys rock and lets #getgut.

RE: Motato's Journal - NoodleInBox - 02-16-2017

Hey Alberto welcome to CD! Really nice studies you have here. I especially like the last guy you did. The planes of the face look great in that one. Maybe try to control your brushstrokes a bit more they sometimes look a bit wonky. Keep em coming I wanna see more <3

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 02-17-2017

(02-16-2017, 09:59 AM)NoodleInBox Wrote: Hey Alberto welcome to CD! Really nice studies you have here. I especially like the last guy you did. The planes of the face look great in that one. Maybe try to control your brushstrokes a bit more they sometimes look a bit wonky. Keep em coming I wanna see more <3

Thank you NoodleInBox I have been studying a lof in regard of planes and values. it's good to be here.

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 02-20-2017

Starting a 25 figure studies, getting the linework done with this 2 and then will add values :D

RE: Motato's Journal - Artloader - 02-20-2017

Hey Alberto - nice start here. I like how you've captured the shadow shapes in these last 2 figure studies, that should be really useful when you get around to rendering.

Keep up the good work :).

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 07-03-2018

So, I've been radio silent for over a year, really don't know how active cubebrush is atm, anyway will post for my personal interest and hope to have some good conversations.

Here's a fanart I made of Metal Gear Solid V

RE: Motato's Journal - darktiste - 07-03-2018

Nice cover overall But the police should not tangent with anything.Also the police is really ugly and i think it also too small to balance out the rest of the element.

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 07-10-2018

(07-03-2018, 12:13 PM)darktiste Wrote: Nice cover overall But the police should not tangent with anything.Also the police is really ugly and i think it also too small to balance out the rest of the element.

Thanks for the feedback

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 07-10-2018

Finished this color master study, it's hard to master, but enjoying the process.

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 07-12-2018

Doing a study of this wolf for a future illustration

RE: Motato's Journal - Alberto - 07-18-2018

Working on this new study

RE: Motato's Journal - darktiste - 07-18-2018

Do you know how to adjust brush direction?
Take a flat brush if you want to blend.You show alot of control in color and you have a good sense of proportion.
Any particular reason why you didn't finish the grape,the orange,the plant and the boy eye?
Overall i think the point you can improve is pushing yourself to avoid leaving any element unfinish and to blend