Crimson Daggers — Art forum
Help - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Help (/thread-8489.html)

Help - yangdaniel027 - 05-11-2018

I started working on something new yesterday and was wondering if I could get some of your guys help. I think I fucked up my values tremendously by jumping straight into color. I can't put my finger on it but something just doesn't sit right. Either the foreground colors are too strong or the lighting on the girl is too high in value. I want her to be the focal point with the light coming down, so maybe I should just tone down the witch-king in front? When I check the values in grey scale the mid and background are all just grey......which is a problem in of itself....................................................................Idk, it's all a mess......................................................................................................................fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkk....................

I'm attaching it with the line-art for some clarity on wtf is actually supposed to be going on and then I'll ass-mess second.

RE: Help - darktiste - 05-11-2018

For me it a matter of composition nothing really fall where it should.You manage to create a curve that wasn't helping the direction because it was shooting of the page with that beast neck.

Here what i did i selected the beast and it rider and i made sure they were not occupy to much space and than i move the head of the beast at one of the four corner of the square where you would normal want to but point of interest than i also move the angel to fall along 2 point of focus of that square.Than i use the dodge tool to create additional light ray where i want the eye to slide along toward the direction of the angel.Sorry for the sloppy example i provide just hope it helped.

RE: Help - xelfereht - 06-22-2018

[Image: po_for_yang_by_andrew_gibbons-dcf3o7d.jpg]
super quick but just where i would maybe take it.. but am a little drunk