Crimson Daggers — Art forum
PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - Printable Version

+- Crimson Daggers — Art forum (//crimsondaggers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PERSONAL ARTWORK (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: SKETCHBOOKS (//crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... (/thread-8602.html)

PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - PantsWizard - 02-17-2019

Hullu everyone ! 
I started doing coloured master study since last month so here is the collection. I usually take about an hour to do them and sometimes follow up with a direct application, perhaps you can spot a few. I tried to fit in most  so apologies if they are too squished.

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - PantsWizard - 02-17-2019

Some photo studies. I was trying to apply what i've learned from studying master paintings.

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - beau - 02-17-2019

Very cool studies, i'm glad you're following them with direct application.

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - Eraiasu - 02-17-2019

Wow, you've got some serious ammounts of studies here! Looking great. What are you aiming to do with this new knowlege? :)

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - PantsWizard - 02-20-2019

Eraiasu, thanks man. I found  that doing master studies, especially colour ones, makes it less of a headache  to come up with a harmonious palette when working on personal stuff. I just hope not to  forget them :)

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - PantsWizard - 02-21-2019

Here's my attempt at painting still lives. I have not done any for 2 years and I feel like it was such a big loss to stop as there is so much it can teach you as opposed to painting from a photo. 
Anyhow I hope this develops into a habit as it is so useful.

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - PantsWizard - 02-21-2019

A photo study from Mad Max. It was a lot of fun, though some of the proportions are bit off, I was still quite pleased with it in the end.

RE: PantsWizard's sketchbook thing... - PantsWizard - 02-23-2019

Another still life. I've set up candle light and some reflected blue light from a desk lamp. Had to take haste  towards the end as the candle was nearly burnt up.