Hellos and Intros
(03-12-2017, 11:22 PM)John Wrote: Jeez. When I was your age, I didn't even think that far to make a road map of what hopefully constitutes a career of sorts. Hell, I remember draining precious time into video games!

Quote:Still a little confused on what should I focus on at this moment to get better? I would draw faces but it'd look bad cause I haven't drawn in a while so it sent me into the loop of "I'm bad cause I don't practice. I don't practice cause I'm bad. I also know that keeping my drawings/doodles to myself is obviously not helping me.

Maybe you're focusing on too much on thinking that you're psyching yourself out to do anything to put on paper.. Then again, I have no basis on giving you any advice, so let me start by saying make a thread under the Sketchbook section for starters.

Keeping your works to yourself is a double edged sword. Yes, you will be free of external expectations one may experience when something is put out publicly. I can understand how comfortable that is, and by all means there's nothing wrong with it. I got stacks of crappy drawings that can last me for 10 cold winters!

Hope you follow through with your goals. The only quantifiable goal you got is the hour a day drawing session. If you're not familiar with SMART goals, let me introduce you to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7wJoRo5MdE

Hey man, looking forward to those 1 hour drawings of yours. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

Thanks man, I'm gonna start by dropping some of my sketches and pieces from that portrait drawing class. Just need to get them scanned. 

Is graphic design stuff allowed on here? Making logos and the such or is it specifically just drawing?

Messages In This Thread
Hellos and Intros - by MoodDoodler - 03-12-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Hellos and Intros - by John - 03-12-2017, 11:22 PM
RE: Hellos and Intros - by MoodDoodler - 03-13-2017, 02:42 AM
RE: Hellos and Intros - by Artloader - 03-13-2017, 11:36 PM