Pekoe's Lively Book of Death (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)◞
(03-15-2017, 01:59 AM)John Wrote: What he say?

He basically showed me suggestions on how to rebalance the lighting a bit and adjusting it so the different parts of the character (the hat, the hairpiece and the coat) looks united while still keeping variety (throwing light differently on different parts and how to use shadows to push the forms/composition to look more interesting), as well as how to add a bit more structure to the face even if it is stylized. Also gave some tips on making the hair look more dynamic and natural, because even with combed hair, there is still a bit of variety, and that can be used to make the piece more interesting. :D

Welp, onto the next piece!

------------------------------------------------

Still trying to figure out a more consistent workflow, especially one that involves more layers. I'm used to painting on just one or two layers. This habit developed as my previous laptop can't handle too many layers. Unfortunately, if I saved more layers (or saved separate files), I could go back and avoid certain things that actually did not work out well in the end.

Also, some instructors recommend that I intentionally keep different things on different layers so when I work, it will be easier to adjust things, especially when there are multiple people working on the same file/piece or if the nature of the work requires easy changes/replacements for different parts.

Here's a tank study I am working on. Just started it and felt like using more solid brushes. It feels very expressive when using solid brushes as no time is wasted building up forms/figuring out if something is the right colour or not. You just lay it down and deal with it in relationship to the rest of the piece. ^_^

[Image: 4gtndiv.png]

A more bold way of saying it is that if it is sloppy, it shows. And it definitely shows here. :P

--------------------------------------

Currently listening to:

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Pekoe's Lively Book of Death - by John - 03-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-21-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 03-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Orange Pekoe - by Orange Pekoe - 05-24-2017, 02:38 PM