Stuck and in need of critique or paintover
Cool start dremorai, I like the vibes.

For me, personally, the thing that looks the most "off" is the hair and collar, and their relation to one and other. It's quite a thick collar, right? It juts out past the face (based off the reference images). So if that is the case, then the hair looks like it's floating in mid-air well in front of the collar (which is already in front of the face). It gives it an unnatural sense since the hair is shaded as if it was just sitting normal. So, perhaps play around with the hair, it's direction, the depth perception, the shading, and how it sits.

Since his head is tilted backwards, we should be seeing more of the under side of his chin. If you look at the photograph reference image it is evident there, albeit a bit harder to notice since it's bathed in shadow.

Also to get in the habit of flipping your canvas, I've found hotkeying it is the best thing, especially if you are already in the habit of saving frequently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stuck and in need of critique or paintover - by chubby_cat - 04-20-2020, 12:17 PM