Perspective- Mirrored Planes
Sorry if this doesn't answer your question, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I think you're basically asking what the practical application of the mirroring technique is.

Mirroring things is something you will probably want to do only once in a while, maybe never. For most situations you could probably just fake it or eyeball it close. But if you want to know exactly how far 'into' the mirror something should be placed, then the video shows you how to do it. (meaning, you need to duplicate the exact same space away from the mirror that something is.) You use the duplication technique to do this, which is why it's next in the series.

You would use this for example if you had a mirror on a wall and you wanted to make the floor plane of the room accurately mirrored, to make sure it looks like the same room. Or, again, just to make sure the thing you're drawing in the mirror is the right distance away. If I were going to mirror a complex form, I would probably try to first enclose it in a rectangular prism, mirror that box plane by plane, and then draw the form inside it.

Messages In This Thread
Perspective- Mirrored Planes - by mika_land - 09-18-2020, 07:52 AM
RE: Perspective- Mirrored Planes - by darktiste - 09-18-2020, 08:36 AM
RE: Perspective- Mirrored Planes - by JosephCow - 09-18-2020, 09:01 AM
RE: Perspective- Mirrored Planes - by mika_land - 09-19-2020, 07:27 AM