Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe
@chubby_cat Thanks! Yeah I guess I could up the sat afterwards but I want to touch them as little as possible. Do it "alla prima" right! I feel like right now "getting better at color" is already too diffuse. There are so many complex interactions in the field of color. I am struggling especially with getting the right saturation. I've always drawn more to the grey side of things and keep saturation for lighter shapes or light-sources, never for shadows. 

@JosephCow Whoa thanks for explaining! I would argue getting his lighting and shadow play you need to have models yeah, it's so complex!

@Zorrentos Cheers! I try to stay as mindful as possible when doing them as opposed to "just noodling about". I've flipped the switch on how I want to do personal work and improve, the gist of it being "less planning, more focus".

My pieces for the CHOW this week; 

A Syd Mead inspired VR sketch I did last night to get more familiar with the tools. Still need to do the overpainting!

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself." - Seneca

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gerben's Sketchbook - Sharpening the axe - by gerbenpasjes - 02-07-2021, 08:56 PM