Poll: -
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
--
0%
0 0%
---
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #40 - Nature's Mistake - FINALS
Thanks for your thoughtful replies, Lege. I also still appreciate forums, because I would rather read the dumbest thread on GameFAQs than any reply chain on Twitter. But there are at least enough people who still prefer forums to maintain a minimal level of activity on here, and there may be more, but I don't know how to reach them besides spamming it on as many boards as possible. Especially because people who prefer forums might not be spending a lot of time on any of the current high-traffic sites.

As Joseph said, the immediacy of chatrooms is nice, but I only like to use Discord if the channel is small (like the Study Buddy channel linked to up top). Bigger channels tend to be a wall of GIFs and emotes that hurt one's brain to read. That's one problem you would never have with something like IRC.

Yeah, Dave seems to be hustling 24/7 with professional work, producing content for his Patreon, and promoting that Patreon on Twitter. Art forums had value for professionals when they were the "place to be" because you'd find connections and jobs on there too, which tended to encourage spending more time on the forums in general. I wish that forums and all the other kinds of sites that used be common didn't get supplanted by a few big social media sites, but oh well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #40 - Nature's Mistake - FINALS - by Pubic Enemy - 12-17-2022, 01:04 AM